This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Have you heard? Verizon is now joining the rollover data plan market. The downside is your phone bill will go up $10 a line. For us, that's a $20 increase. For others, that can mean an increase of up to $50 or more!! OUCH! If you are looking for a competitive phone plan that has great prices and an awesome data option, have you looked into getting refunded for cell phone data you don't use?
Get Refunded for Cell Phone Data You Don’t Use
Wouldn’t be great if companies offered you a refund when you don’t use all of something you paid for? I mean if you go over your data, you have to pay for that, right?! So, why doesn’t the company have to pay you back when you don’t use it all? Well, Republic Wireless thought that was a great question!
What is Republic Wireless?
Republic Wireless is a fantastic cell phone service that doesn’t want take advantage of you as a customer. Based in Raleigh, North Carolina, Republic Wireless uses WIFI defaults and falls back on Sprint’s cellular network to cut your mobile service bills in half. It is an American network operator that sells you low-cost cell phone service. Plus you can roam on Verizon data network, and it just goes against the data you have bought.
What is so great about Republic Wireless?
There are a lot of reasons I think Republic Wireless is great, but don’t take my word for it; research it for yourself. Here is just a little bit on Republic Wireless:
- They pay you back! That’s right, each month Republic Wireless pays you back for ALL the data you don’t use.
- They make it easier not to use data. You have more options to tap into WIFI, and this huge incentive makes using WIFI when it’s available something you will do more often.
- The average bill for customers is $13.83 per month. Seriously, can you find a deal better than that? I think that is pretty impressive!
- You can buy more data. Instead of getting charges for going over your monthly data allowance, you can simply buy more data IF you need it.
- You can get a mobile hotspot. Most companies that offer discounted phone plans won’t let you tether to a hotspot. With Republic Wireless, you can still get a hotspot if you are out of WIFI.
- There are no contracts. You aren’t locked into a contract, so if you don’t like the services, you can leave at any time.
- You get Nationwide coverage. You don’t have to worry about not getting coverage because Republic Wireless is Nationwide.
- They Use Wifi Calling. You can make phone calls texts and more on wifi and save
Tell Me More About Cell Phone Data Refunds
So your phone plan starts at $10 for unlimited talk and text and no data. Then each GB of data you add on to your plan will cost you $15. Say you are paying for 5GB of data. Your bill is $85 ($10 for your base than $75 of data). But this one you only used 1 GB. Republic Wireless will refund you the 4GB of unused data. They will give you a $60 credit (4GB X $15 each), so the following month your bill is only $25 for the same plan with 5GB of data.
I also want to add that they don't round up if you use 4.2GB of data. They will pay you for that 0.8GB you did not use. Ok, stay with me here. There are 1024MB in 1GB. So if you only use 4.2 GB you have used 4GB and 200MB. They will pay you for the 824MB you did NOT use. 0.8GB X $15 is $12. You will get a $12 refund.
With so many great benefits of Republic Wireless, why aren’t you changing your service now? If you have Republic Wireless, tell us what you like about it in the comments below!
I am a mom to 5 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Easy Instant Pot Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe - July 17, 2019
- 12 Family Summer Activities That You Won’t Believe are Actually FREE - July 12, 2019
- $100 Until Payday: The $100 Grocery Budget (or Less!) - July 2, 2019