This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
I have a slight chocolate addiction and in my house, it’s no secret. It’s why I have trouble really losing weight. I love homemade chocolate brownies, but now and then I want to change things up. These chocolate cherry brownies are just one of the several combinations I have tried and loved!
Homemade Chocolate Cherry Brownies
These brownies are a great way to get some fruits and veggies into some otherwise pretty picky eaters. I am known for adding zucchini to my brownies and not telling my family. My husband found out and now he examines everything a bit closer. He now knows I also add onions to my baked mac n cheese…. he wasn’t happy about that one either.
Hey, when you hubby is as picky of an eater as a few of your kids then you learn ways to hide it in their food. There are whole cookbooks designed around sneaking fruits and veggies into foods that your picky eaters already eat. I got brave one night and straight up added broccoli to our mac n cheese. My oldest daughter now loves broccoli my 3-year-old doesn’t trust anything I make her, and my son is as suspicious as my husband! Anyway on tot he good stuff!
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 large can of cherry pie filling
1 tablespoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package of chocolate chunks
1 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 cup chocolate chunks
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, grease your cake pan with butter
2. In a large mixing bowl combine your cake mix, cherry pie filling, two eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract, mix well
3. Now add in 1 cup of chocolate chunks and mix
4. Pour your cake mix into your greased cake pan and spread evenly
5. Bake for 35 minutes
6. When you have about five minutes left of baking time start making your frosting
a.) combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a small saucepan over medium heat
b.) boil for one minute
c.) take your mixture off heat and stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips and almond extract then mix well
7. Take your cake out of the oven at 35 minutes and pour your frosting directly on top and spread evenly
I want to know! What is your favorite mix in for brownies?