This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
I don't know about you, but I need Easy Weeknight Meals and as many as I can find! This 3 envelope slow cooker chicken recipe is one of those recipes I turn to when I don't have a lot of time to prepare a meal but still want something my family loves! Find more Frugal Chicken Recipes for more ideas.
Super Easy Weeknight Meal – 3 Envelope Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe
The reason I love this meal is that I can make it in the morning in about 5 minutes and set it to cook all day and bam have dinner ready! Make some easy sides, and you have dinner! I have even tossed in potatoes into the crockpot with the chicken to let them soak up the flavors, and then dinner is ready with sides!
We have several easy weeknight meals to share many of them in the slow cooker because let's face it the slow cooker just makes life easier! The best part? This also falls into my list of frugal recipes!
YES! I buy the boneless skinless chick breasts when they are just $1.99/lb, and they are the ones I like to use for this recipe. You can also use chicken leg quarters because I can get them for only 49¢/lb and then I just have one more step because I pull the chicken out and shred it before serving.
Then the gravy pack I can get for less than 50¢ at Aldi I can usually get a box of ranch dressing packs with 2-3 packs per box for about $1.50 and the same with the Italian dressing. So about $1.50 for the three packs plus any sides. That's a win in my book!
Place chicken breast in the bottom of the crockpot.
In a small bowl add water and mix all 3 packets in the water and mix well.
Add the sauce over chicken and make sure water covers the bottom of the crock pot.
Cook on low for about 8 hours or on high for about 4, until chicken is done.
Serve with rice, mash potatoes, or veggies.
- 2-4 chicken breast, if using more add more water
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Pack dry chicken gravy mix
- 1 Pack dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 Pack dry Italian dressing mix, not zesty, it's too salty
- Place chicken breast in bottom of the crockpot.
- In a small bowl add water and mix all 3 packets in the water and mix well.
- Add the sauce over chicken and make sure water covers the bottom of the crock pot.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours or on high for about 4, until chicken is done.
- Serve with rice, mash potatoes, or veggies.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g