This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
While these cookies aren’t traditional holiday cookies, I LOVE making monster cookies for the holidays and my monster cookies recipe is so easy! They are fun to make. But a word of advice do NOT use a hand mixer. Hubby was helping me out and burned the motor on my hand mixer; now it could have been how thick the cook dough batter was, but I think it was a mixture of him playing around and the batter. But the good part of all this is he felt so bad about burning up my mixer that he FINALLY got me the Kitchen Aid mixer I have been hinting about for a few years now! So I’m happy!
Easy Monster Cookies Recipe
This recipe is so easy to make your own! This is the basis of it then you can add what you want! Use chunky peanut butter if you want or add in raisins or peanut butter cups. Around Christmas, I have been known to use peppermint candies or candy canes. I have even added in Oreos and broken up Thin Mints
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 12- ounce jar peanut butter
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup multi-colored chocolate candies, like M&Ms
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal, not instant
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well.
- Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, (or any other candies used) baking soda, and oatmeal.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Do not overbake (they will get to hard to eat).
- Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.