This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
How to Save on Your Halloween Party
One of the most popular holidays of the year is Halloween. Whether you are a fan of the candy, the spooks and goblins or just an excuse to dress up in costumes this year we have some great tips for you on How To Save On Your Halloween Party. Not only can you enjoy a fun filled event with friends and family, but you can do so well within your budget. You’ll be surprised to find tons of options at low cost at your fingertips!
- Stock pots, wooden spoons, and punch bowls are all great for serving up candy and treats with. Pour your candy, bags of treats or popcorn balls into your biggest kettle and place a wooden spoon or large ladle on the side for people to serve themselves with.
- Kids craft supplies like pipe cleaners, glitter, paints and pom poms can quickly be turned into spooky spiders, glowing eyes peeking from behind curtains and more.
- Trash bags are multi-purpose. Stuff large ones with leaves and spray paint a jack o lantern face on the outside. Put a balloon inside and hang upside down to create a ghost.
- Mismatched bowls, platters, cups and plates are great since no real haunted house would have everything matching.
- Rolls of guaze unraveled in random spots or used as streamers are inexpensive and fun
- Red Kool Aid or Fruit Punch is frugal and perfect for a punch bowl of “blood”.
- Hot Dogs sliced and made to look like fingers are inexpensive and loved by everyone
- Air popped popcorn placed inside clear gloves are great inexpensive treats
- Chili is cheap and goes a long way for the money invested. It is also perfect to be boiling in a “cauldron” with a witch in attendance.
- Caramel Apples are fun and easy to make. Kick them up a notch with a buffet of crushed halloween candy for kids to roll them in to make unique take home treats
- Cake mix cookies are perfect and easy treats to make. Especially if you have recently picked up cake mixes cheap with coupons. Simply add in a bit of icing to make them look like monsters, spiders or jack o lanterns.
- Serve the same item different ways. Hot dogs can be served as fingers, pigs in blankets (wrapped in biscuit or croissant dough and baked) or even sliced and added to a slow cooker of beans and barbecue sauce.
Simply thinking outside the box can create a lot of money in your Halloween party budget. Saving on your Halloween party doesn’t mean you can’t have great decorations or tasty food. It simply means you will have more unique and less mainstream items to serve and decorate with. Look through your home, your own favorite frugal meal recipes and more to come up with great plans for this years big haunted house or Halloween party.
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020