This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Everyone loves to save money, but not everyone knows how. Shopping in stores can be a nice outing, but may not always save you money once you factor in gas money and other expenses. Online shopping has become a huge thing, and there are some great deals to find if you know where to look. If you want to save money, check out these tips on how to score the best online deals.
How to Score the Best Online Deals
Want to score the best online deals, but not quite sure how? Check out these handy tips:
Memberships – A lot of places online offer memberships. You can get all sorts of perks by investing with an online shopping site. Places like Amazon offer free TV shows, movies, 2-day shipping and a lot of other excellent deals. And around the holidays, members of these sites usually get first dibs on special deals before non-members do. Another recommend one is Shop Your Way Rewards (this one is free!) Make sure you make me your personal shopper here so I can send exclusive coupons!
- Ebates – Signing up for Ebates is free. New members get a free $10 gift card when they make their first purchase with Ebates as well making their saving even more. Ebates allows you to earn cash back on your online shopping. This can be used would coupons, gift cards, etc. You can also use Swagbucks for cash back shopping. I compare which one will earn me more before I shop. Many time Ebates has double the cash back offers that really help rack up savings!
Daily Deals – The sites that offer daily deals are a great way to save online. The deals change every day which helps give you a variety, but the downside is that, of course, the deals expire, and they are usually limited to a certain number of products, so once they reach the limit, the deal will stop. The massive upside is that the deals are really good deals that can save you, at times, up to 90% off of products. Well worth the trip to check each day! A few of my favorites are Groupon and Living Social for just about anything. Jane has some great clothing deals Zulily has great items for kids!
Coupon Codes – Just like the ones you cut out and use in stores, online sites may offer coupon codes to give shoppers discounts. Before shopping online, you should always check to see if that site has an active coupon code, sometimes called promotional codes. They may not always advertise it, so make sure to search for it beforehand. A helpful tip is to type in a search engine: “(store’s name) coupon codes”. If there are any available, the results will show for it. Then copy and paste and save! Ebates also shares coupon codes. You can also use the Chrome Extention called Honey to find coupon codes for you at check out!
- Gift Cards – Don't forget to check your reward sites and see if you have any rewards you can cash out, like gift cards to use on your purchase! Many of the sites on my like of 45 Ways to Earn Free Amazon Gift Cards let you cash out for many other gift cards too!
Subscribe – If a site offers an email subscription service, and it’s a place that you frequently shop at, sign up! A lot of stores send their subscribers special deals and coupons. You can also get first notice on sales, plus with it coming to your email, you don’t have to go searching for it. Be careful with how many sites you subscribe to as it can blow up your inbox, and make you a little nutty.
Check Comparison Sites – If you know what you’re looking for, but don’t want to waste precious time searching for deals, check comparison sites that will do the searching for you and show you which stores have the best deals. Some of the comparison sites offer email services that will send you updates on the prices of what you’re looking for so you won’t even have to do it constantly yourself. Talk about convenient savings! You can use sites like Google Shopping or Price Grabber.
- Wait for a Day – Sign up for a free account and then add the item(s) are you looking to buy to your cart, then walk away. Wait a day or two and many sites will send you a reminder email that you left items in your cart and will send you a special discount to seal the deal. This seems to work about 50% of the time. So if you aren't in a rush, it can't hurt to try!
If you are like millions of other people and love to save money, there are so many ways to do just that online. Follow these helpful tips and your next shopping trip via the internet will be hugely rewarding!
Do you have any tips on how to score the best online deals? Why not share them by leaving a comment?
More Frugal Living Tips
I am a mom to 5 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Easy Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole Recipe - December 9, 2019
- Rice Krispie Treats Christmas Presents - December 6, 2019
- Giving Tuesday & Supporting the USO - December 4, 2019