This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
One of my favorite things to do, when we travel, is to try out the local food. Every area is different, and one of the recipes we have brought how with us is Beef Southwestern Soup, but I have started making it in the slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Beef Southwestern Soup Recipe (Only 5 Ingredients)
Ok best part? This recipe is only 5 ingredients and takes about 10 minutes to toss together. Add in some Tortilla chips to dip in the soup while you eat and you are ready to go. My family loves adding some sour cream to the top of the soup when it's served and also some cheese. Hubby and I fight over using mild or spicy salsa, but it is absolutely your choice.
Personally, I like getting the recipe together and setting it in the stoneware in the fridge overnight. Then I can take it out and set the slow cooker to cook the next morning and by dinner time I have a great dinner, and the only work I have to do is to open the bag of chips.
1 lb cooked ground beef
15oz jar medium chunky salsa
1 can of fiesta corn
About 5 medium sized potatoes
30 oz water
1. In a large pan, cook your ground beef like you would for spaghetti
2. Wash, peel, and cut your potatoes into small pieces
3. First, add your ground beef to the bottom of your slow cooker
4. Next, add in your potatoes
5. Drain your fiesta corn, then add it on top of your potatoes
6. Next goes your jar of salsa
7. Fill up your salsa jar twice with water and pour that on top
8. Give this a quick stir and cook for 3 and a half hours on high or 7 hours on low
See, easy! Now you have got yourself a very yummy, slightly spicy beef soup!
Find even more Easy Meals
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020