Hey everyone, when was the last time you paid attention to the people driving around you? I mean REALLY paid attention? It's scary out there! I see almost every other person on their phone. I can't tell you how many close calls we have had of people cutting us off, drifting into our lane etc and come to find out they are on their phone! We have even tried to be nice a few times in heavy traffic let a person into traffic and they aren't paying attention and miss the opportunity because they are on their phone!
Distracted driving is no joke and in 2012 3,328 people died from distracted driving related to being on the phone or texting and another 421,000 were injured. That stat keeps growing each year.
With April being Distracted Driving Month Megabus wants to share a better alternative. We all know sometimes things have to get done, work phone calls etc. So let someone else do the driving!
Megabus offers city center to city center tickets for as little as $1 and they cover 120 cities across the country right now. Plus Megabus.com maintains the highest safety compliance rating with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
Additionally, megabus.com is the leader when it comes to safety among double decker buses. In the last 10 years, the company has:
1. Invested $1.5M in a central support system which monitors all the buses activities in real time supported by a staff 24-7. With a SmartTire alert system, speeding alerts, real time and GPS tracking. The GPS tracking system allows megabus.com to identify any low bridges and automatically lowers the suspension when going through planned routes with low clearance, like the Lincoln Tunnel.
2. Put seatbelts in all buses in 2007, which is not currently a federal requirement.
3. Instituted a policy requiring two drivers onboard between 12 and 5 a.m. and drivers are required to take nine hours off in between shifts instead of the required eight hours.
4. megabus.com utilizes GreenRoad Eco-Driving Technology: GreenRoad gives drivers the information, tools and motivation they need to drive safer. The system detects risky maneuvers and warns drivers so they can self-correct in real-time. GreenRoad analyzes more than 150 maneuvers, across 5 categories – acceleration, braking, lane changing, cornering, and speeding. At the management level, powerful analytic tools let megabus.com identify potentially hazardous areas and problematic trends before they lead to serious incidents.
So make a pledge put the phone down and when you need to be on the phone take Megabus! Plus it's a great way to travel ‘greener'.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of megabus.com. The opinions and text are all mine.
I am a mom to 5 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- The Easiest Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe - November 4, 2019
- 10 DIY Tailgating Games for Kids They Will Love! - November 1, 2019
- Weekend Clothespin Crafts with Discount School Supply - October 29, 2019