Do you know if you live in a ‘deregulated state'? These are states where you can choose your energy supplier to save money, often times called energy choice and deregulation.
IGS Energy is one of the supplier you can choose from and can help you save money. The benefit of an independent supplier like IGS Energy is that you can lock in rates at today’s low rates for the longer team and have the peace of mind that if rates jump around, yours remains steady.
Serving over one million customers, IGS Energy is one of the largest independent suppliers of natural gas and electricity in the country. They also offer a wide range of home protection products and natural gas and electric supply products to help customers protect their budgets against costly repairs of the utility lines that keep their home running smoothly, that most people don’t know are their own responsibility.
In light of energy savings, I want to share some ways to save on your energy bill even if you don't get to choose your own supplier.
- Open/ close the curtains – Between 1pm – 3pm is the heat of the day and you can work this in your favor! If it's summer time close the curtains keep that heat out! During the winter? Open the curtains that are in direct line of the sun and let the sun heat those rooms!
- Limit TV time – Many people turn the TV for background noise, DON'T DO THIS! It will run your electric bill up faster than you think!
- Turn off computers when not in use – I have a BAD habit of letting my computer just got to sleep instead of turning it off. Don't do this, your computer will suck electric all night!
- Leave oven open in winter – When you're done cooking with the oven don't waste that already paid for heat. Leave the oven door open while you eat! Every little bit helps!
- Use slow cooker or grill in summer – don't heat your house in the summer! Use the grill outdoors and use a slow cooker. One person I know goes a step further and uses the slow cooker on her back porch!
- Only heat one room – Depending on how your house is set up you can do what we do. When the kids and I get up in the morning I turn the heat OFF to the house. I then use a personal room heater to heat the one room we are in. The kids rooms get heated by the sun in the morning/mid afternoon and are warm for nap time later that day. When they go down for and I do turn the heat back on but turn it down.
- Use a clothesline – In the warm months skip the drier and hang your clothes outside on a clothesline!
- Wash full loads if clothes – Make sure to only wash clothes when you have a completely full load! You are using the same amount of electricity no matter what size load you do, so maximize your spending!
I hope these tips will lead you on the way to saving even more! You can visit IGS Companies community support to learn more about what IGS does.
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020