This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
My husband has a slight obsession with ribs. He would be happy to eat them every day, much to the despise of my kids! To keep things interesting I try new recipes while still incorporating my husband’s favorite Slow Cooker Coca-Cola Smoky BBQ Ribs.
Applesauce BBQ Spare Ribs
5 lb Pork Spare Ribs (2 racks)
1 1/2 cup Applesauce
18 oz BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup homemade brown sugar
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
Cut ribs into portion sized sections (about 3 ribs each)
Core and Slice your Apple and Slice your onion.
- 5 lb Pork Spare Ribs (2 racks)
- 1 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 18 oz BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1 Apple, cored and sliced
- Cut ribs into portion sized sections (about 3 ribs each)
- place ribs around sides and bottom of crock, meaty sie toward toward to crock,
- Spread apple slices over ribs.
- Combine onion, applesauce, brown sugar, vinegar and 1/2 of BBQ sauce in blender.
- Pulse until blended.
- Pour sauce over ribs.
- Cook on high 5 hours, or on low for 8 hours, until ribs are tender.
- Remove from slow cooker and brush with remaining BBQ sauce.
- To get more crispy ribs, transfer ribs to foil line baking sheet and broil for several minutes.
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.