This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
It’s that time of the year to make your New Year Resolutions. There are many you can do to help you save money that also have a side benefit like getting you healthy as well! The hardest part is sticking to a the resolution, to do this be vocal! Tell what your resolutions are to your friends and family the more people to hold you accountable the more likely you are to succeed. Just make sure to return the favor and be their cheerleaders as well!
10 New Year Resolutions That Save Money
- No More Bank Fees – Yes you heard me, resolve to incure no more bank fees. One $30 NSF fee a month will add up to $360 a year. That is if it’s paid off before another one is piled on top of it. They snow ball quickly!
- Avoid Pay Day Loans – Promise to avoid payday loan like the plague! They are a snowball effect that are impossible to get out of! You pay off last week’s pay day loan only to have no money for THIS week’s bills, so what do you do? Yep another pay day loan. It’s a vicious never ending cycle.
- Quit Smoking – Not only is this for your health but imagine how much money you can save. A pack a day smoker can save $2200 in a year just on cigarettes, not including the lighters you no longer need!
- Pay Down Debt – This one is on most people lists year end and year out, make it happen! You can save an average of $200 a month just on interest charges, that doesn’t include the payments on the actual debt! You could end up with an extra $2,400 in your savings by year end!
- Make your Coffee at Home – If you are grabbing coffee out once a day you can save almost $1,000 a year by making it home. Even if you only grab coffee a few times a week you can save around $300- $500!
- 6. Cook at Home – If you cut at least 1 meal eating outside the home a week you can save about $500 a PERSON in your family (figuring it costs about $10 a person to eat out) ! For our family of six that is a $3,000 savings!
- Say No Once a Month – We all do the impulse buys, and it’s hard to go cold turkey I get it really I do. So my suggestion is to say no to at least one impulse buy a month! That could save you almost $650 a year!
- Get Organized – How many times have you not be able to find something you swore you had, like a extension cord, marker, roll of tape etc and gone out and bought a new one instead? Getting organized you will cut this out more and save you more money.
- Eat Healthy and Lose Weight – Some of the most popular resolutions can help you save money! Eating healthy cuts out of spending money on junk food. The healthier you are the less time you spend at te doctor’s office racking up doctor bills.
- De-stress – Think about it if you spend a little each day to distress you will have less headaches, back aches etc. That means you are spending less money on headache medicine and massages to feel better!
Have you taken on any other New Year’s Resolution that are helping you to save money? I’d love to hear them!
- How to Make the World a Better Place - June 26, 2020
- How to Keep Your Clothes Extra Clean & Make Them Last Longer with Gain Ultra Flings - June 24, 2020
- Hershey’s Double Chocolate No-Churn Ice Cream Recipe - June 19, 2020