One of my biggest weaknesses in my budget is take-out Chinese food. It's not a food we have really made at home but something we crave regularly and break our budget on to order. So to save our budget I have put this list of 17 Chinese food recipes that are easy to make at home.
17 Must-Try Chinese Food Recipes You Can Make at Home
I will say I am a fan of the Chinese food buffet because I can get a bit adventurous and try new foods. If I am unsure I stick to my tried and true fried rice ( no mushrooms please!) But at a buffet recently I fell in love with pepper steak and think it is my new favorite!
Until recently the closest I got to making any Chinese food recipes at home was a box of fried rice and tossing in some shredded chicken and calling it chicken fried rice. Easy and cheap but to save our budget I had to come up with a bit more than that. I found a great easy pepper steak recipes (#13!) for me, a general tso chicken my husband loves (#15!), and an orange chicken that my kids love (#16!).
Check out the recipes I'd love to know which ones you are adding to your recipe box!
1. Cashew Chicken – Once Upon a Chef
2. Chinese Chicken Salad – Culinary Hill
3. Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Just a Taste
4. Chicken Stir Fry with Rice Noodles – Natasha's Kitchen
5. Daddy Wu's Chinese Chicken – Taste and Tell Blog
6. Potli Samosa Wontons – My Food Story
7. Shrimp Eggplant Stir Fry – Food Done Light
8. Sweet and Sour Chicken – Natasha's Kitchen
9. Chinese Beef and Broccoli – Brown Eyed Baker
10. 20 Minute Sesame Chicken – Gimme Delicious
11. Classic Chinese Chow Mein – Dinner Then Dessert
12. Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry – Once Upon a Chef
13. Easy Chinese Pepper Steak – The Stay at Home Chef
14. Shrimp Pad Thai – Skinny Taste
15. General Tso's Chicken – Culinary Hill
16. Slow Cooker Orange Chicken – Lil Luna
17. Homemade Fortune Cookies – Just a Taste
What is your favorite thing to order when you get Chinese food take out? Hope I was able to find you a recipe that will save your budget!
Looking for more ways to save money on your groceries? Check out these posts.
Grocery Shopping Habits That Are Costing You Big Money
How to Save Money on Groceries – The Weird Grocery Shopping Trick that Saves Me $100 or More a Month
How I Get $100 In Free Groceries Every Month (And How You Can Too!) – No Coupons Required!
Feeding a Family on a Budget – How I Feed My Family of 6 on $200 a Month
Sandra Hexner says
Thanks for the great ideas on how to make Chinese food at home. My husband and I are horrible cooks, so I think we will have to stick to delivery until we try a few of your recipes. Most likely we’ll have to try them a hundred times. Hopefully, we’ll be able to find a great Chinese place that deliver, since we just moved until we master one of these recipes you’ve shared.
Cathy @ tips4livingbetter.com says
I really like Chinese food, I am going to try out some of the recipes you shared here. Thanks for sharing.
Claire P says
Thanks for such a great share! I really liked your site and the pictures too! It’s just so mouth-watering. These are looking incredibly yummy 😛