One of my biggest weaknesses in my budget is take-out Chinese food. It's not a food we have really made at home but something we crave regularly and break our budget on to order. So to save our budget I have put this list of 17 Chinese food recipes that are easy to make at home.
17 Must-Try Chinese Food Recipes You Can Make at Home
I will say I am a fan of the Chinese food buffet because I can get a bit adventurous and try new foods. If I am unsure I stick to my tried and true fried rice ( no mushrooms please!) But at a buffet recently I fell in love with pepper steak and think it is my new favorite!
Until recently the closest I got to making any Chinese food recipes at home was a box of fried rice and tossing in some shredded chicken and calling it chicken fried rice. Easy and cheap but to save our budget I had to come up with a bit more than that. I found a great easy pepper steak recipes (#13!) for me, a general tso chicken my husband loves (#15!), and an orange chicken that my kids love (#16!).
Check out the recipes I'd love to know which ones you are adding to your recipe box!
1. Cashew Chicken – Once Upon a Chef
2. Chinese Chicken Salad – Culinary Hill
3. Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Just a Taste
4. Chicken Stir Fry with Rice Noodles – Natasha's Kitchen
5. Daddy Wu's Chinese Chicken – Taste and Tell Blog
6. Potli Samosa Wontons – My Food Story
7. Shrimp Eggplant Stir Fry – Food Done Light
8. Sweet and Sour Chicken – Natasha's Kitchen
9. Chinese Beef and Broccoli – Brown Eyed Baker
10. 20 Minute Sesame Chicken – Gimme Delicious
11. Classic Chinese Chow Mein – Dinner Then Dessert
12. Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry – Once Upon a Chef
13. Easy Chinese Pepper Steak – The Stay at Home Chef
14. Shrimp Pad Thai – Skinny Taste
15. General Tso's Chicken – Culinary Hill
16. Slow Cooker Orange Chicken – Lil Luna
17. Homemade Fortune Cookies – Just a Taste
What is your favorite thing to order when you get Chinese food take out? Hope I was able to find you a recipe that will save your budget!
Looking for more ways to save money on your groceries? Check out these posts.