This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
One thing I love to can in my family's recipe for tomato sauce, or pasta sauce as we call it. While I can't share my family recipe I can share how to can any of your favorite recipes!
Process filled jars in a boiling water canner for 35 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool.
- 1/4 tsp Ball Citric Acid
- Prepare a boiling water canner.
- Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- Add ¼ tsp Ball® Citric Acid or 1 Tbsp bottled lemon juice to each hot jar.
- Ladle hot sauce into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight. Process filled jars in a boiling water canner for 35 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool.
- Check for seal after 24 hours. Lids should not flex up and down when the center is pressed.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020