This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
French Silk Pie. Those 3 little words already have me drooling. I love the rich, creamy silkiness of this pie. Of course, I never understood when I was younger why I wasn't allowed to have but a tiny slice. Now I understand, but I still take the risk now and then. This is up there with a few of my sinful indulgences.
French Silk Pie Recipe
This pie is favorite around Thanksgiving but I break it out for my get together's as well. It goes perfect on a dessert table with my Orange Crush Cupcakes, and my Texas Peanut Butter Sheet Cake. During the summer, I will also make some of my Kiwi Creme Tarts. This dessert table seems to win over anyone at my get together's! If I'm feeling adventurous, I will also make my Watermelon Cupcakes.
I want to make a quick comment before we get going here. This recipe uses raw eggs, please consume at your own risk, raw eggs can cause foodborne illness. This can be more common in the elderly and young children.
Ok here we go, this is easier than you think, I promise!
4 room temperature eggs
1 stick softened butter
1.5 Cups ultrafine sugar
5-6oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (half a bag)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Cups whipped cream
Handful of chocolate shavings
Baked pie shell
1. Melt your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 3-4 minutes at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted (let cool)
2. Combine your sugar and butter, mix for several minutes until it becomes creamy
3. Once your chocolate is semi-cooled, pour it into your butter/sugar mixture
4. Mix for several minutes
5. Add in vanilla and 1 egg, mix for 4-5 minutes
6. Add in another egg and mix for another 4-5 minutes (repeat for 4 eggs)
7. Pour your pie filling into your cooked pie shell
8. Top off with whipped cream
9. Shave a piece of milk chocolate with a cheese grater and sprinkle on top of your pie!
Looks wonderful! Now I’m craving it!