This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
The best Oreo cookie recipe I have is my chocolate covered Oreos. They are easy to make and of course super yummy. I have since found ways to snazz these up based on the holiday it is.
I use green stripes like seen above for both St Patricks Day and Christmas. Christmas also get red and white, orange for Halloween and red white and blue for Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day.
For Christmas, I like to take it a step further and add in a bit of peppermint extract to tie in with everything else peppermint this time of year.
Here is the super easy how to. Just change out the green for any other color you are looking to use.
Line a baking sheet with wax paper or foil.
In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the mint chocolate (or milk chocolate) in 30-second increments stirring after every 30 seconds. Once melted let cool 1-2 minutes.
Dip the Oreos one at a time in the chocolate and cover completely. Then lift out with a fork (or a pair of small tongs) and let the excess chocolate drip into the bowl. Lay on cookie sheet and repeat with all other Oreos.
Place covered Oreos in fridge for 15-20 minutes to set.
Once the Oreos are set, microwave the green chocolate (or whatever color you are using) in a microwave safe bowl in 30-second increments stirring every 30 seconds. Let cool 2-3 minutes once it is melted, like you did with the mint or milk chocolate.
Taking a tablespoon, scoop the melted green chocolate into the sandwich bag. Make a small snip on the corner so that a small amount of chocolate with flow out, like a piping bag.
Taking the sandwich bag with green chocolate slowly ‘stripe' the Oreos one at a time. Once done, put in the fridge to set.
You can also add on sprinkles before the color strip dries and then let it set.
These are also great for birthday parties, and even weddings. They can be customized to any color scheme. You can use white chocolate to cover the Oreo cookies as well and make the colors really pop!
If you are looking for even more Oro recipes you don't want to miss these:
- 18 Oreos – Mint or Regular flavor
- ½ C. Wilton Mint Chocolate candy melts
- ¼ C. Wilton Green candy melts
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the Mint Chocolate in 30 second increments stirring after every 30 seconds. Once melted let cool 1-2 minutes.
- Dip the Oreo one at a time in the chocolate and cover completely, lift out with a fork (or small tongs) and let the excess chocolate drip into the bowl. Lay on cookie sheet. Repeat with all other Oreos.
- Place in fridge for 15-20 minutes to set.
- Once the grahams are set, microwave the Green chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 second increments stirring every 30 seconds. Let cool 2-3 minutes once it is melted.
- Taking a tablespoon, scoop the melted green chocolate into the sandwich bag. Make a small snip on the corner so that a small amount of chocolate with flow out.
- Taking the sandwich bag with green chocolate slowly 'stripe' the Oreos one at a time. Once done, put in the fridge to set.
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Fun Tips to Get Your Kids Excited for Back to School - July 18, 2017
- Best Margarita Recipe – Easy Slushie Margarita Recipe - July 14, 2017
- Creative Play – Tips for Helping Your Child Use Their Imagination - July 11, 2017