This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
How many of you have apple cider vinegar sitting around? You can use this amazing liquid for many different things in your home, it’s just a matter of what you choose to use it for. Whether you’re pouring it down the sink to get rid of a smell or you’re cleaning, ACV is a miracle liquid to keep on your shelf.
- Keep bugs away – You have to admit that apple cider vinegar can be pretty repulsive, don’t be afraid to keep the bugs away with it. You can create a spray bottle with part ACV and part water and spray it around cracks, to keep bugs away, especially ants.
- Acne Keeper Awayer – Yes, acne keeper awayer. I can’t name one person that actually enjoys having acne. That’s where ACV comes in. By wiping down your face with ACV, you can help clear up the acne ASAP. It’s a good idea to apply it after washing your face with a mild, gentle cleanser. It works great as a natural toner.
- Keep away parasites – Pour a spoonful of ACV in your dogs water and help keep those parasites away from your favorite fur friend. ACV is like the magical liquid that can help in so many ways, including in this way.
- Salad dressing – By itself ACV isn’t tasty, but when you mix it with other items, you can make a very tasty and healthy salad dressing. Give it a try!
- Cleaning your house – Yes, you can totally clean your house with the help of ACV. Mix parts ACV and parts water and start scrubbing away. You can scrub toilets, countertops, grout, and more with this amazing stuff.
- Rinse agent – Have you ever wanted your clothes to look cleaner and smell cleaner? ACV can be used as a rinsing agent in your washer. It can also be used in the dishwasher to help keep your dishes clear of the ever-dreaded white fog.
- Treat a sore throat. If you’re dealing with a sore throat, you can combine ACV with a bit of warm water and gargle with it. Gargle with the solution for anywhere between 30 and 60 seconds. You can use the solution two to three times a day to soothe the sore throat, getting rid of it a lot faster.
- Put it on your underarms to eliminate odor. Do you feel like your armpits start to smell, even after you’ve put deodorant on? It’s not uncommon for people to experience this problem. After getting a shower at night, apply ACV to your clean underarms and sleep with it on. It helps to eliminate toxins from the body, leaving your armpits smelling fresher than before.
- Wash your hair with it. You can use ACV in your hair to get it to look healthier and smoother. After getting your hair wet while in the shower, pour the ACV over from roots to ends and allow it to sit for two minutes before rinsing with cool water. You’ll notice how good it can make your hair look.
- Whiten your teeth using ACV. Did you know that the acidity of ACV can help with whitening your teeth? If you’d like to keep your teeth white and shiny, use it as a mouthwash after brushing with your usual toothpaste. You can rinse with it twice daily to achieve the best results.
- Treat poison ivy. If you end up with the unfortunate experience of poison ivy on the body, apply ACV to the skin to get some much-needed relief. It’ll relieve you of some of the itchiness and soreness to increase your comfort. It’s best to apply it to your skin after taking a lukewarm oatmeal bath to soothe it.
- Remove fleas from your pets. Fleas can’t stand the acidity of the ACV, which makes it a good natural solution to use on your pets. If you’ve noticed your pets have fleas, but you don’t want to use costly products that aren’t always effective, give your pets an ACV bath by combining it with warm water. You may quickly see fleas falling off your pets within seconds of using it. Be sure to continue using it at least twice a week for the absolute best results.
- Apply it to the skin when experiencing sunburn. If you were out in the sun a bit too long and have sunburn, you may need some relief. Pour a bit of the ACV on a clean paper towel or microfiber cloth and dab it against the skin. It offers a cooling sensation that will leave you feeling a lot better.
- Soak your feet in it. If your feet are aching or even have a slightly bad odor to them, it’s a good idea to soak your feet in a basin full of warm water, Epsom salts, and ACV. Allow your feet to soak in the basin for up to 20 minutes before removing them and patting them dry with a clean towel.
- Treat nipple thrush with ACV. If you have nipple thrush, you’re likely experiencing a lot of discomfort. The good news is that you can add a bit of diluted ACV to your nipples to treat the thrush and get relief. While it’s a good remedy to use, you shouldn’t apply it to your nipples if they’re cracked.
- Balance your pH levels. If you feel like your vaginal pH levels are off, you can rinse the area with a combination of warm water and apple cider vinegar. Make sure you’re using the combination twice daily. If you give it about a week, your pH may begin to balance out, which can help get rid of any odor you were initially dealing with.
If you have a bottle of apple cider vinegar at home, you can use it in a ton of different ways. If you don’t already have it, what are you waiting for? The brand that you buy isn’t important. As long as you have the apple cider vinegar available, it’ll come in handy when you need it the most.