Do you find yourself in the Starbucks line ordering their egg white bites daily? Save money and time by preparing this copycat recipe of the Starbucks Egg White Bites that will taste fresher and even better!
Copycat Starbucks Egg White Bites
Egg white bites are delicious and perfect to have for breakfast when you’re on the go. If you’re tired of spending time in the Starbucks line and you’d love to have a way to make your favorite breakfast at home, use this recipe to prepare a copycat version of the Starbucks Egg White Bites. They’re delicious, easy to prepare, and great to have both morning and night, depending on when you want to eat them!
What You’re Going to Need to Make the Starbucks Egg White Bites
Be sure to have the following ingredients ready to prepare the Starbucks Egg White Bites:
- Egg Whites. Crack six eggs and keep the egg whites while setting the yolks off to the side.
- Greek Yogurt. You’ll need plain Greek yogurt for this recipe.
- Red Bell Pepper. Dice your bell pepper into fine pieces and saute it.
- Green Onion. Finely dice your green onion into small pieces.
- Spinach. Chop your spinach into pieces before adding it into your mixture.
- Feta Cheese. Use crumbled Feta cheese in this recipe.
You’ll only need a few other ingredients, such as shredded Monterey cheese, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
Can I buy egg whites at the store?
If you don’t want to end up with a bunch of yolks, you can always buy a container of egg whites and use them to prepare these Starbucks Egg White Bites.
Do I have to use Monterey cheese?
It’s good to use Monterey cheese because it adds to the flavor of the Egg White Bites. However, if you don’t have it or don’t like it, you can use any type of shredded cheese that you like, such as sharp cheddar, mozzarella, or mild cheddar.
Which type of hot sauce do I need to use in this recipe?
Use any hot sauce that you already have at home. If you’re not sure which one to use, Frank’s is one good brand to consider buying and using in this recipe.
Which kind of Greek yogurt should I use?
Make sure you’re using plain Greek yogurt when you’re preparing the Starbucks Egg White Bites. It doesn’t matter the brand of the Greek yogurt, so you can use whatever you find on sale or whichever brand you prefer.
How many bites does this recipe make?
When you follow this recipe, you’ll have enough ingredients to make five Starbucks Egg White Bites. You can double the recipe to make 10 if you’d like to prepare them in advance and have them available throughout the week.
How can I save some of the bites for later?
If you’d like to save some of the Egg White Bites for later, you can put them in a glass or plastic food storage container, place the lid on top, and put them in the fridge. You can easily microwave them for a few seconds to reheat them and enjoy.
How to make the Starbucks Egg White Bites:
Preheat oven to 300F.
Boil approximately 4 cups of water.
Whisk together Egg Whites and Greek Yogurt.
Add Green Onion, Red Bell Pepper (make sure to let this cool after sautéing – we don’t want to scramble our eggs before they are in the oven), Spinach, Monterey Cheese, Feta Cheese, Hot Sauce, and Salt & Pepper. Stir well.
Related: 28 Copycat Starbucks Recipes
Pour approximately 1/3 cup of egg mixture into each ramekin.
Pour boiling water into the baking pan, surrounding the ramekins and reaching approximately halfway up the sides.
Bake for approximately 34 minutes.
Remove pan from oven. Remove ramekins from the pan. Egg bites should slide out of ramekins easily. Serve immediately or freeze in an airtight container.
- 6 Egg Whites
- 1/2 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Green Onion (finely diced)
- 3 tbsp Red Bell Pepper (finely diced & sautéd)
- 1 tbsp Spinach (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Monterey Cheese (freshly shredded)
- 1 tbsp Feta Cheese (finely crumbled)
- 1/4 tsp Hot Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Butter or grease each ramekin and place them in a baking pan.
- Boil approximately 4 cups of water.
- Whisk together Egg Whites and Greek Yogurt.
- Add Green Onion, Red Bell Pepper (make sure to let this cool after sautéing - we don’t want to scramble our eggs before they are in the oven), Spinach, Monterey Cheese, Feta Cheese, Hot Sauce, and Salt & Pepper. Stir well.
- Pour approximately 1/3 cup of egg mixture into each ramekin.
- Pour boiling water into baking pan, surrounding the ramekins and reaching approximately halfway up the sides.
- Bake for approximately 34 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Remove ramekins from pan.
- Egg bites should slide out of ramekins easily. Serve immediately or freeze in airtight container.
- 5 Ramekins
- Baking Pan (approx. 13” x 9” x 2”)