This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
When you marry a person, it isn’t all about the wedding. The wedding is just one day of your entire lives together. Instead of spending thousands on one day, you can spend that on the rest of your lives. Here are the top 10 budget wedding ideas for summer that will save you more so you can enjoy other days together!
Top 10 Budget Wedding Ideas for Summer
- Wedding at the park. Did you know that you can rent out a local park for $100? Parks already have beautiful landscaping, flowers, and picnic tables. All you need for a wedding at the park is the groom, yourself and your guests.
- Have your wedding in your yard. If you have a beautiful yard that won’t take much to turn into an elegant wedding design, this is an inexpensive idea worth trying.
- Do your own catering. Instead of hiring a professional caterer, ask a family member if they would mind cooking as a gift to you. This is an excellent way to save on your wedding and a nice way for people to give a gift if they don’t have money to get one. It’s a win/win!
- Make your own invitations. I made my own invitations, and nobody knew! You can make professional looking invitations with cardstock and a home computer. Also, see more ways to save on wedding invitations.
- Decide on a BYOB party. Most guests like the idea of an open bar or at least the option of having a beer and/or wine. Instead of spending extra on this, open the bar up for guests to bring their own drinks. This cuts back on your cost but gives guests the opportunity to drink if they want to.
- Call colleges to find photographers and bands. Who knew this was an option? You can call and ask colleges if they have any programs that would be willing to photograph or play at your wedding to help grads build up their portfolio. This is a great way to save money and help college students get their foot in the door.
- Have a cowboy themed wedding. The great thing about a cowboy theme is that it is very inexpensive. Men can wear jeans and a nice shirt while ladies can wear country dresses. Your reception can even be done in a barn. It’s classy and budget friendly.
- Ask friends to help. You don’t have to pay for everything yourself. You can ask for help. Instead of getting expensive home and wedding gifts, ask friends and family to pitch in to help with the cost of the wedding as a gift. This is a great way to get the wedding you want without footing the whole bill.
- Go to the justice of the peace. Did you know that your local justice of the peace is happy to marry you anywhere you would like? Contact your local courthouse to ask of how the procedure is handled in your county!
- Make your own decorations. Making decorations is not only an excellent way to save money, but it’s fun. Get your bridesmaids together and have a night with music, wine, and crafting.
When it comes to having a beautiful wedding, you don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to make it that way. What other budget summer wedding ideas do you have? Share some in the comments below!
Get even more tips!
Not set on a summer wedding? Check out these tips too!
Looking for even more ways to save on your wedding? Check out my book, How to Have Your Dream Wedding for Under $1,500! It's filled with tons of great tips ideas and suggestions that will allow you to have the wedding of your dreams on any budget!
Leave us a Comment
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- How to Decorate Your Home for the Holidays on a Budget - December 12, 2017
- 20 Christmas Cookies Recipes - December 11, 2017
- Expert Tips for Decorating on a Budget - December 10, 2017