I can’t believe St. Patricks Day is almost here. I am still not used to writing 2015 when I write the date! So I am planning my meals and This is one holiday and Mommy and Daddy have a separate menu then the kiddos! That starts at breakfast with these Chocolate Guinness Baked Donuts with a Baileys Glaze, YUM!
I am excited to try out my new donut pan with these! I will be making a simple chocolate version for the kids so they won’t know any different. Oh and their’s won’t have a glaze because let’s face it … if I can save myself from cleaning up one less mess on a holiday I’m all for it!
Guinness Chocolate Baked Donuts with Baileys Glaze
So here is what you need to make these yummy treats! Also if you are looking for a more condensed version of the recipe scroll to the bottom of the page to see it minus all the pictures 😉
1 cup Flour
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Guinness Extra Stout
1/4 cup homemade brown sugar
1/4 cup Sugar
1/3 cup melted Butter
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1-2 tsp Bailey’s Irish Cream
2 tsp Water
Preheat oven to 325F.
Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
In a large bowl, whisk together Guinness, egg, sugar, brown sugar, and butter.
Stir dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
Spray doughnut pans with nonstick spray.
Fill each cavity 2/3 full.
So tell me I’m not the only one who would eat these all year long right?! Do you make any special foood for St Patrick’s Day? I’d love to know!
More Easy Meals
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Guinness Extra Stout
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup melted Butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tsp Bailey's Irish Cream
- 2 tsp Water
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Guinness, egg, sugar, brown sugar, and butter.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
- Spray doughnut pan with nonstick spray.
- Fill each cavity 2/3 full.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Combine all glaze ingredients and stir until blended.
- Dip the top of the donuts in the glaze and place on wire rack to dry.
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- How Military Families Save Money on Vacation - October 27, 2016
- DIY Murcury Pumpkin Decor with Looking Glass Spray Paint - October 26, 2016
- How I Learned Perseverance as a Military Wife & Mother - October 26, 2016