This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Red Velvet anything is perfect for Valentine’s Day or even Christmas because of its rich red color. That’s why I am loving these Red Velvet Donuts I think they make the perfect Valentine’s Day Donuts. Don’t you think?
Red Velvet Donuts – Perfect Valentine’s Day Donuts
I love this red color for Valentine’s Day cookies, cakes, cupcakes, and donuts! Pair it with white and pink and everyone will love it!
Many love cream cheese frosting with red velvet but I love using this melted chocolate glaze for them. Just a preference!
A few notes!
Now I use a Red Velvet cake mix to make this recipe easier but if you a bake from scratch person you can use your favorite red velvet cake recipe instead! I don’t have one so I just made it easier on myself and you!
I used pink and white as my donut frosting but you can use red too, I just didn’t think it looks as nice with the red donut, but that’s my personal opinion. Also, I used the light pink candy melt, you can use a brighter pink if you want them to pop as well.
I shared the sprinkles I used below but I also these Wilton Jumbo Heart Sprinkles would look really cute too!
On to the recipe!
Top with sprinkles and let the melts harden for 5 minutes.
- 1 box of Red Velvet cake mix
- Wilton Candy Melts, Pink, White
- Wilton Red Jimmies Candy Sprinkles
- Wilton Heart Candy Sprinkles
- Wilton Donut Pan
- Mix the Red Velvet Cake Mix according to the box.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- Pour donut mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the donut mix into the donut pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt pink and white candy melts separately in microwave or with this Wilton Melting Pot.
- Dip some of the top of the donuts in the white candy melts and some in the pink melts.
- Top with sprinkles and let the melts harden for 5 minutes.
- Summer Fun on a Budget - July 9, 2020
- Over 700 Free Pumpkin Carving Stencils From Disney to Kate Middleton - July 6, 2020
- Best Margarita Recipe – Easy Slushie Margarita Recipe - June 29, 2020