This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
If you've ever dined at Texas Roadhouse, chances are you know about their famous, mouth-watering rolls. These rolls are soft and fluffy, and have the perfect amount of honey butter sweetness. But what do you do when you're craving these delicious rolls but don't want to leave the house? Fear not, because with this Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls recipe, you can recreate these delectable rolls in the comfort of your own home. You can find more delicious Copycat recipes here!
Can I freeze the rolls?
Yes, you can freeze the rolls after they are fully baked. To reheat, simply thaw and then warm in the oven.
Related: Copycat Mounds Bars Recipe
What should I serve with the rolls?
Can I substitute any ingredients in the recipe?
While it's possible to substitute some ingredients, it may affect the texture and taste of the rolls. Stick to the original recipe for the best results.
Special utensils needed to make Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls
Measuring Cups and Spoons – Looking for an easier way to measure ingredients? These measuring cups and spoons are a must-have in any kitchen. They make it quick and easy to get the perfect measurements.
Stand Mixer – This stand mixer is a versatile kitchen appliance that has become an essential tool for every home cook and professional baker. It is a powerful machine that can save time and effort in the kitchen by mixing, kneading, and beating ingredients together with ease.
Mixing Bowls – Looking for versatile and reliable mixing bowls? Look no further than these glass bowls! Ideal for a variety of tasks, from mixing ingredients to whisking up dressings and sauces, this bowl is a kitchen essential. Made from durable materials, it's built to last, meaning you'll enjoy years of trouble-free use.
Baking Sheets – This is a must-have for all of your kitchen needs! This durable sheet is made from heavy-duty aluminized steel that guarantees even heat distribution and prevents warping. It also has a non-stick coating that ensures quick and easy release of your baked goods. Plus, the edges are rolled to provide extra strength and make storage simple.
Boiling Pot – This boiling pot will be your best friend for any type of meal. No need to worry about the mess or clean up afterward; this dishwasher-safe pot is easy to use and even easier to clean. Not enough? This pot also comes equipped with a straining lid, making draining any excess liquid quick and efficient – so you have more time for what matters most!
Ingredients for Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls & Honey Butter
For the Rolls
For Cinnamon Honey Butter
Directions to make Copycat Texas Rolls
Boil the milk and then allow it to cool to a warm temperature.
Add yeast, milk, and Honey and mix. Let the mixture sit for at least 5 minutes to allow the yeast to bloom.
Using the bread hook Mix on low until smooth.
Keep slowly adding flour until dough forms, then add salt and allow the mixer to knead for 8 minutes.
Flour the work surface and knead the dough for a few minutes.
Related: Amish Pear Butter Recipe
Spray bowl with cooking spray and place dough in a bowl then Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place for about an hour, until doubled.
Place dough onto a floured work surface.
Roll dough into a 1/2” thick rectangle.
Fold over and gently roll to seal together.
Cover with a damp towel and let rise for 40 min, until almost doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. As soon as you pull out of the oven brush with remaining melted butter.
For butter whip all ingredients for honey butter together until smooth.
- 4 cups of Flour
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoons of Yeast
- 1/4 cup of Honey
- 1 and 1/4 cups of Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 4 tablespoons of Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
Cinnamon Honey Butter
- 1 stick of Butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup of Confectioners Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- 1/2 cup of Honey
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Boil the milk and then allow it to cool to a warm temperature.
- Add yeast, milk, and Honey and mix. Let the mixture sit for at least 5 minutes to allow the yeast to bloom.
- In a stand mixer add yeast mixture, egg 3 tablespoons melted butter, and 2 cups of flour.
- Using the bread hook Mix on low until smooth.
- Keep slowly adding flour until dough forms, then add salt and allow the mixer to knead for 8 minutes.
- Flour the work surface and knead the dough for a few minutes.
- Spray bowl with cooking spray and place dough in a bowl then Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place for about an hour, until doubled.
- Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Place dough onto a floured work surface.
- Roll dough into a 1/2” thick rectangle.
- Fold over and gently roll to seal together.
- Cut dough into squares (about 24) and place on greased baking sheets about an inch apart.
- Cover with a damp towel and let rise for 40 min, until almost doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. As soon as you pull out of the oven brush with remaining melted butter.
- For butter whip all ingredients for honey butter together until smooth.
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls are a delicious and satisfying treat that you can easily make at home. With a soft and fluffy texture and sweet honey butter glaze, these rolls are sure to impress your guests or satisfy your own cravings. This recipe is easy to follow and produces excellent results every time. So why not try making these rolls yourself and bring a taste of Texas Roadhouse into your own kitchen?