This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Thank you Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes for sponsoring this post. Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes are real potatoes, real easy, delivering homemade taste on demand.
If you have children, life is busy. If you have five children, life can be complete chaos at times. I have to say that dinner time has to be one of the most chaotic times of the day. When it comes to making dinner, I have to get a little creative. I don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen, so there are some things I like to do to make dinner easier when life gets busy.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
Let me share some tips for making dinner easy. Because as a mom of 5 kids easy dinners are my go too!
If you are looking for the recipe it's right below!
First Some Tips to Making Dinner When Life is Busy
Do a Little Food Prep
You know, this doesn’t always happen but when it does, I’m pretty proud of myself. The food prep I do is as simple as cutting up my veggies and freezing them, so I don’t have to do it later in the week. I can simply take it out of the freezer and place in the pan that I’m cooking in. Food prep isn’t always easy to do with five kids, but I do try and make it a “thing.”
Get the Kids Involved
While I don’t let the kids full fledge make dinner yet, I do let them get involved. I might let my oldest stir the food in the pot or pan. I may let another kiddo open the pasta or potatoes and pour them into the pan. But getting the kids involved is a super important part of how we do dinner around here. Plus, it’s quality time as a family, which is really important to us.
Menu Plan – When You Can!
This mom of five is busy menu planning as much as possible. If you can plan ahead when dinner will be, then you can rock this dinner thing. When life is busy, sometimes the best thing you can do is plan ahead. You don’t have to make fancy dinners. Just make a list of what you will be making for the week, it just might save your sanity.
Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes are the perfect side dish all on their own. They are filling and they have so many great flavors, Bacon & Cheddar Chipotle any one?
Add a Little Fun to Dinner
When I was a kid, Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes were a staple in our meals. You better believe that I add Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes to our meals as much as possible. The kids help make the Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes because they’re made from 100% real Idaho® potatoes and ready in just minutes (hence their slogan, Real Potatoes, Real Easy – on demand)
When the kids lick their fingers, you know it’s because the taste is SO GOOD. Let’s be honest too. Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes come in so many good flavors. Some of our favorites are Buttery Homestyle® and Bacon & Cheddar Chipotle. But with the perfectly blended real cheeses and authentic seasonings, the Buttery Golden Selects, Butter and Herb, and Roasted Garlic are hard to pass up.
I think it’s safe to say that we all have a favorite Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes flavor. Plus, my favorite part is that they’re ready in just minutes and Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes offer the best taste and texture compared to any other mashed potato, earning the title of “America’s Favorite Mashed Potatoes.”
Related: Frugal Chicken Recipes
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
As you can see, there are a lot of tips you can use to make dinner just a little easier when life is busy! You don’t need to rely on eating out all the time, use these tips to make dinner when life is busy.
One more tip is making this easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole. There are always leftovers and that means another meal!
1 can refrigerated biscuits (I like southern style)
2 tablespoons butter
1 small package frozen veggie mix. (Should have carrots, green beans, peas, and corn)
3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
1 cup chicken broth
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Pack Buttery Homestyle Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley
salt and pepper to taste
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees.
Using a large sauce an saute the veggies until tender, over medium heat. About 5 minutes.
Whisk in the chicken broth and the Cream of Chicken soup. Mix well.
Let the sauce simmer for 1 minute to thicken.
Take off the heat and add the chicken thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper. Then stir until the filling is well-combined.
If the filling it to think you can add in a bit more chicken broth, some water.
On a cookie sheet lay out the biscuits and cook for half the time listed on the can, then remove from the over.
Prepare the Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes per directions on pack.
Pour sauce mixture into a greased 9×13 casserole dish.
Use a thick layer of the mash potatoes to top the filling.
Finish with the biscuits evenly spaced across the top.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- 1 can Refrigerated biscuits, I like southern style
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 frozen veggie mix., Small package, should have carrots, green beans, peas, and corn
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 pouch Buttery Homestyle Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a large sauce an saute the veggies until tender, over medium heat. About 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the chicken broth and the Cream of Chicken soup. Mix well.
- Let the sauce simmer for 1 minute to thicken.
- Take off the heat and add the chicken thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper. Then stir until the filling is well-combined.
- If the filling it to think you can add in a bit more chicken broth, some water.
- On a cookie sheet lay out the biscuits and cook for half the time listed on the can, then remove from the over.
- Prepare the Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes per directions on pack.
- Pour sauce mixture into a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Use a thick layer of the mash potatoes to top the filling.
- Finish with the biscuits evenly spaced across the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 140Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 48mgSodium 298mgCarbohydrates 4gSugar 2gProtein 13g
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020