This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
My kids have an obsession with sliders. I think it's because they are more their size. I also like to get them to try new things so I have learned if i put it in a slider I can NORMALLY get them to at least try it. Most time they will eat it. I added ranch dressing to these Fried Chicken Sliders with Asiago Cheese to bribe the kids to eat them and it works! Find more Frugal Chicken Recipes for more ideas.
Fried Chicken Sliders
with Asiago Cheese & Ranch Dressing
- 1 large Organic Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Half & Half
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Dill
- 1/3 of 48 oz. bottle Crisco Canola Oil
- 1 thick slice of Tomato (cut into 4 equal pieces)
- 1 cup Lettuce
- 4 tbsp. Ranch Dressing
- 4 thick slices Asiago Cheese (about 2” on each side)
- 4 Mini Slider Buns
- Boil 2 inches water in large pan. Add 1 large organic chicken breast. Cook on high until water is halfway evaporated. Turn heat on medium to low. Brown and remove. Let cool. (Please note: poaching 1 large breast of chicken will take approximately 15 minutes.)
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
- Preheat canola oil at medium heat in stovetop pan.
- Cut chicken breast into approximately 12 random sizes (3 pieces for each slider).
- Combine egg, half & half, and dill in small mixing bowl. Whisk.
- Dip each (fully cooked) chicken chunk into egg mixture and, on a separate plate, coat evenly with breadcrumbs.
- Add breaded chicken chunks to hot oil. The chicken is already cooked, so fry for no more than 20 seconds.
- Remove from oil with draining spoon and place onto paper towel covered plate. Dab oil dry.
- Add Asiago cheese to each bun. Crisp buns and melt cheese in oven for 4-5 minutes. Remove.
- Add 3 chicken chunks to each slider. Add ¼ of thick tomato slice, ¼ cup lettuce, 1 tbsp. ranch dressing, and an optional dash of dill to each slider. Serve immediately.