This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Are you tired of using toxic chemicals to get rid of grime and grease when cleaning? Use this safe, toxic-free Natural Degreaser to clean your stove, kitchen area, and other parts of the home with ease.
The Importance of Using a Natural Degreaser
Many of the cleaning products marketed today contain harsh ingredients that are harmful to continue breathing in each day. If you’ve noticed that a lot of the products you used in the past to get rid of grease and grime smelt bad and contained toxic ingredients, you may have decided that you’d like to make a switch. Using a Natural Degreaser is beneficial because it doesn’t contain those bad ingredients. Although it’s not full of chemicals, it still gets the job done and leaves the home smelling fresh when you’re done with it.
Related: 10 Homemade Cleaners to Save Money!
Which essential oil is best to use?
It’s best to use citrus essential oils. However, you can use whichever scent is your favorite. Grapefruit, orange, and lemon are the three top choices. You might even want to combine two of the citrus scents to create a unique yet powerful scent that makes your home smell even better than before.
Is it safe to use the degreaser in a household with pets?
It’s safe to use this Natural Degreaser in your home, even if you have pets and small children. It’s a fantastic alternative to traditional degreasers sold in different stores that contain those harsh chemicals that aren’t good for pets, babies, or your skin. You can avoid dealing with irritation from using these products by switching over to this natural cleanser that works wonders.
How do I use it properly?
Using the degreaser is so simple. Shake your bottle full of ingredients before you spray it down on surfaces. Once you’ve sprayed it on a surface, allow it to sit for a few minutes before scrubbing away at it. You can use a sponge, scrub brush, rag, or microfiber cloth with this degreaser.
What should I do if I can’t find pure alcohol?
If you can’t find pure alcohol to use when preparing this degreaser, you can use high-grade rubbing alcohol as a replacement for it. Everclear will also work just as well when combined with the other components of the degreaser.
Related: Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Tablets
What You’ll Need to Make the Natural Degreaser
If you want to try the Natural Degreaser out for yourself to see how well it can work, you’ll need to get these important ingredients:
- White Vinegar. The acidity of the vinegar works well at cutting into the grease to get rid of it.
- Pure Alcohol. Add alcohol to the mixture for a powerful component that fights germs.
- Dish Soap. Use a good brand of dish soap for that cleaning power.
- Essential Oils. Include several drops of your favorite citrus essential oils to make your degreaser smell fantastic.
- Water. You’ll also need a bit of water to add in with the rest of your ingredients.
How to make this Natural Degreaser
Fill your spray bottle ½ full with vinegar. Then fill until the bottle is about ¼ from the top with alcohol.
Shake and use. I love this for my kitchen cabinets above the stove, it smells great and cuts the grease with no harsh chemicals.
It’s that simple! You can combine these ingredients and pour them into a spray bottle that you’ll use around the home when cleaning.
- Spray Bottle
- White Vinegar
- Pure Alcohol (High grade rubbing alcohol or Everclear work well)
- Dish Soap
- Citrus Essential oils (Lemon, Orange, or Grapefruit work best)
- Fill your spray bottle ½ full with vinegar. Then fill until bottle is about ¼ from top with alcohol.
- Add 15-20 drops essential oil and a teaspoon of dish soap. Fill remaining space in bottle with water.
- Shake and use. I love this for my kitchen cabinets above the stove, it smells great and cuts the grease with no harsh chemicals.