This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Combine two fun treats into one with this incredible Pumpkin Smores Cake. It’s got the pumpkin taste, complimentary chocolate, and everything else you’d expect to have in a delicious dessert.
If you’re a pumpkin pie lover who enjoys making s’mores over a campfire, this Pumpkin S’mores Cake recipe is perfect for you. It combines the two delicious desserts into a single cake that you can enjoy as a dessert whenever you’d like. Whether you want to make it as a treat to eat after dinner with the family or prepare it as a surprise for someone special, this cake is delicious and easy to make.
Pumpkin Smores Cake Recipe
What brand of pumpkin spice cake mix do I need to use?
Any brand will do! If you’re not sure which brand will taste best, try Pilsbury or Pooch Cake. You can also choose any brand you’re able to find at your grocery store.
Why do I need heavy cream?
You’ll use the heavy cream to create the chocolate ganache to use on top of the cake. You’re going to combine the chocolate with the heavy cream and a bit of corn syrup before adding it to your moist and delicious cake.
How long does the cake need to bake?
Expect to keep the cake in the oven for a minimum of 25 minutes. It may need around 30 minutes to cook all the way through. You can check it with a toothpick or fork before you pull it out of the oven.
Which type of chocolate do I need to use?
Use any brand of melting chocolate. It doesn’t matter which brand. It’s important to use melting chocolate so that it will melt perfectly when you’re preparing the ganache.
How do I store the Pumpkin S’mores Cake?
Store your Pumpkin S’mores Cake in the fridge. You can pre-slice it in advance and then wrap the slices in plastic wrap or place them directly in a food storage container or food storage bag. Your cake should stay fresh when kept in the fridge for roughly five days. However, you’re likely going to enjoy it all by then because this cake is delicious.
Related: Easy Pumpkin Spice Truffles Recipe
The Ingredients You Need to Make the Pumpkin S’mores Cake Recipe
Before you can make such an incredible cake, be sure to get the best ingredients. You’re going to need:
- Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix. You’ll need one box of the pumpkin spice cake mix to get started.
- Pumpkin Puree. Get a can of pumpkin puree and use a cup of it in this recipe to give your cake flavor and leave it moist.
- Salted Butter. Use two sticks of butter softened.
- Marshmallow Fluff. When you want to add that marshmallow taste to your cake, use marshmallow fluff.
- Semisweet Baking Chocolate. Chop the baking chocolate into pieces before using it to make this cake.
You’ll need a few other ingredients, including eggs, whole milk, heavy cream, canola oil, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract, and corn syrup. It might sound like a lot of ingredients, but these are common baking essentials that you may already have at home.
How to make Pumpkin Smores Cake Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two 8-inch round cake pans with parchment paper and lightly spray with baking spray. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin spice cake mix, pumpkin puree, milk, oil, and eggs and beat until smooth.
Pour batter evenly between pans and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let cakes cool completely.
Gradually add in confectioners sugar while the mixer is running and add vanilla extract.
Place one of the cooled cakes on a cake stand and spread a layer of frosting over it.
Lay the second cake on top and completely frost the cake.
To prepare the ganache, melt baking chocolate in the microwave until almost completely melted.
Pour in heavy cream and whisk until smooth, about 5 minutes.
Whisk in corn syrup and drizzle over cake. Slice and serve.
- 1 (17 oz.) box pumpkin spice cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 14 oz. marshmallow fluff
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two 8-inch round cake pans with parchment paper and lightly spray with baking spray. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin spice cake mix, pumpkin puree, milk, oil, and eggs and beat until smooth.
- Pour batter evenly between pans and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool completely.
- To prepare frosting, beat together butter and marshmallow fluffy in the bowl of a stand mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add in confectioners sugar while mixer is running and add vanilla extract.
- Place one of the cooled cakes on a cake stand and spread a layer of frosting over it.
- Lay the second cake on top and completely frost the cake.
- To prepare the ganache, melt baking chocolate in the microwave until almost completely melted.
- Pour in heavy cream and whisk until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in corn syrup and drizzle over cake. Slice and serve.