It's the end of summer and the beginning of Fall, one of my favorite times of the year! With that comes out pumpkin EVERYTHING YUM! Here is one of those great recipes that I save for this time of the year! My easy pumpkin roll recipe is filled with cream cheese giving it an even richer taste! This is one of my favorite pumpkin recipes!
The Secret Tips for rolling the cake without it breaking
I have used a kitchen tea towel before. Sprinkle the towel with powder sugar, lay the entire cake on the towel, and then start rolling. Roll the towel in the roll as well. Let it cool entirely then unroll, remove the towel add the filling, and reroll. Worked like a charm!
Related: Easy Fall Pumpkin Martini Recipe
Is a Pumpkin Roll a breakfast or dessert recipe?
There's no right or wrong answer to this question – it all depends on how you want to enjoy your Pumpkin Roll! Some people like to enjoy it as a breakfast treat, while others prefer it as a dessert. There are even those who enjoy it as a snack throughout the day.
Enjoy the smell of the pumpkin roll all year long!
Highly Fragrant and Deliciously Scented. This Spiced Pumpkin Roll candle is filled with tasty notes of pumpkin, buttercream, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and clove.
Fill your home or office with a warming scent your family, friends, and coworkers will LOVE!
What you need to make this Easy Pumpkin Roll
Jelly Roll Pan – The sturdy construction of the jelly roll pan is made from anodized aluminum which helps resist rusting and promotes even baking. This large pan is perfect for baking everything from cakes and cookies to pizza and sheet cakes.
Parchment Paper – Ideal for baking, parchment paper ensures even heat distribution and prevents sticking, making it a baker's best friend. No more worries about your delicate cakes and pastries sticking to the pan – with parchment paper, they'll slide right off. And clean-up is a breeze – simply remove the parchment paper and throw it away.
Medium and Large Mixing Bowls – Looking for versatile and reliable mixing bowls? Look no further than these glass bowls! Ideal for a variety of tasks, from mixing ingredients to whisking up dressings and sauces, this bowl is a kitchen essential. Made from durable materials, it's built to last, meaning you'll enjoy years of trouble-free use.
Stand Mixer – Whether you're a beginner baker or a pro, mixers will make your life in the kitchen easier. With multiple speed settings and attachments, mixers can handle any task, big or small. Plus, they're easy to use and clean, so you'll be able to spend more time enjoying your delicious creations!
Related: Easy Pumpkin Spice Truffles Recipe
Ingredients for Pumpkin Roll:
For the cake:
For the filling:
Related: Drunken Pumpkin Soup
How to make Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling
Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir just until combined, you don't want to overmix the batter.
Pour batter into pan and bake for 15 minutes.
Turn the cake out onto a work surface and slowly (and carefully) roll the cake into a log.
Place on a cooling rack and let cool completely.
To prepare the filling, combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
Unroll the cake and gently spread the cream cheese mixture onto it.
Roll the cake up again carefully, and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap.
Allow cake to chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
Remove plastic wrap and dust the cake with powdered sugar. Slice and serve.
For the cake:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
For the filling:
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened, full fat
- 1 cup Powder Sugar
- 6 tbsp. salted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt and whisk.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree and whisk until smooth.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir just until combined, you don't want to overmix the batter.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the cake out onto a work surface and slowly (and carefully) roll the cake into a log.
- Place on a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- To prepare the filling to combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Unroll the cake and gently spread the cream cheese mixture onto it.
- Roll the cake up again carefully, and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap.
- Allow cake to chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and dust the cake with powdered sugar. Slice and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 277Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 78mgSodium 171mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 1gSugar 28gProtein 4g
Well, there you have it! Our pumpkin roll recipe. We hope you give it a try and that you love it as much as we do. If you make one, be sure to share a picture with us in the comments. We can’t wait to see your delicious creations!