This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
I go to the store and buy random pasta all the time, just to get home and not have a clue what to use it with or for. I had ravioli in the freezer for what seemed like forever and came across a Fried Ravioli Recipe and figured I'd give it a try. Holy wow! They were delicious and had zero leftovers. I love a good recipe that ends with no leftovers.
Homemade Fried Ravioli Recipe
This recipe is one I first saw on Lisa's Dinnertime Dish and we loved it so we decided to make it over and over again. You can use any ravioli you wish. I prefer the sausage ones over the beef, kids love a good cheese one, and at times the spinach and cheese ones are a hit.
Related: Air Fryer Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
Can I use fresh Ravioli?
Of Course! I feel like freshly made ravioli would taste amazing with this recipe and in all honesty, if I had a KitchenAid stand mixer with the whole pasta attachment I would be making pasta all the time and finding all kinds of recipes to use for it. BUT, that being said, frozen ravioli works just the same.
What you need to make Homemade Fried Ravioli
How to make Fried Ravioli
Mix the water with your eggs and beat to mix well.
- 1 pkg Ravioli of your choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- Olive Oil
- Mix the water with your eggs and beat to mix well.
- In another small dish add about a cup of bread crumbs.
- Dip the ravioli in the eggs and then coat with the breadcrumbs. Set aside on the plate.
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Once the oil is hot, start cooking the ravioli in batches (you don't want to crowd the pan). Cook for about 2 minutes per side or until browned. Add more oil to the pan between batches as needed.