This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
I love decorating for Halloween! I’m sure if you have been around here for more then a week you already know that but it has to be said. But I’m not into the gory blood, dead people type Halloween. I like spiders, pumpkins, ghost, tombstones, bats, witches, and things like that. I’ve noticed it’s harder and harder to find the less gorry Halloween decor. This has led me to do more DIY Halloween decorations like this DIY spider web vase.
DIY Halloween Decorations – DIY Spider Web Vase
I started with a clear vase from the dollar store and spray painted it. You can find many great black vases if you want to spend a bit more. I love using the puffy paint on the vase, you can also glitz it up by adding glitter to the paint before it dries. Also, try different colors of paint and glitter to go with your colors in your house.
The same is to be said with the flowers, mix the colors up to match where the vase is going to go. I love these purple flowers and they are my daughters favorite so this is what we choose. Make it your own. You could also do a nice orange vase with a black web on it. That would fit many Halloween themes as well.
Ok, so let’s get on with it!
What you need
Large clear vase (or black vase)
Black matte spray paint (or flat black)
Silver puffy paint
Hot glue/hot glue gun
1. Lay out a couple pieces of old newspaper outside, away from your car/house so you don’t have overspray from the spray paint
2. Spray your vase with two coats of your black spray paint and let dry
If you used a black vase you can skip the first two steps.
3. Once your vase is dry, use your silver puffy paint to draw a spider web onto the front of your vase like pictured and let dry
4. Hot glue your felt spider onto your web and full your face with a bouquet of purple flowers or any other colors that match your decor!
Looking for even more DIY Halloween decorations? Check out these other ones below.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Top 7 Romantic Date Night at Home Ideas - January 27, 2020
- DIY Valentines From Popsicle Sticks – I Love You to Pieces Valentine - January 24, 2020
- Easy Valentine’s Day Button Heart Popsicle Stick Frame Craft - January 20, 2020