This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Whoooooo loves you? Well this sweet heart owl surely does! This Valentine’s Day, turn one of your old paper rolls into a sweetheart owl such as this. This sweetheart owl is so simple to make, and chances are you can create one using supplies you already have around the home. Take a peek below at how you can make one (or two!) of your own.
Toilet or paper towel roll
Assorted scrap paper
Glitter foam or construction paper
1. Begin by cutting a piece of scrap book paper to fit the roll. Glue it to the roll to secure. Trim it to fit.
2. At one end of the roll, you want to fold the ends into each other and secure them closed with glue. Press firmly for several seconds to make sure the ends stay closed. These will be your owl’s ears.
3. You can now begin creating the face. Do this by cutting out a few circle and triangle shapes from your foam. You can place two circles for eyes on the face. Layer some buttons on top of the circles and finally your googly eyes.
4. Under the eyes, glue a simple triangle in place for the beak.
5. Finally, give your owl wings by snipping out a large circle and cutting it in half. Glue each half circle to the side of the owl. You can also choose to embellish the owl further if you wish. You can give it speckles or spots, even front feet if you choose. You can also opt to create a whole family of these owls in an assortment of paper choices.
How simple was that? Perfect for kids, this is one Valentine’s Day craft you won’t want to skip. Give this simple sweetheart owl a try and in no time you will be in the Valentine’s Day mood!
- Top 20 Items For Minecraft Gifts - August 19, 2020
- Easy DIY Flintstones Costumes – Fred and Wilma Costume - August 17, 2020
- 38 of the Best Barbie Gift Ideas Your Little Girl Will LOVE! - August 12, 2020