This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
You can’t really have a Halloween without featuring those cloth wrapped favorites; mummies! Whether you’re having a huge Halloween party or just a movie night with some of your holiday favorites and their mummy friends you can create some unique mummy recipes and crafts and have the whole family get involved in the making. Spooky mummies are a thing of the past with these adorable recipes and crafts.
23 Halloween Mummy Recipes and Crafts
Here are some basic supplies that will help you make some of these crafts:
Here are some basic supplies you can grab to help you make some of these delicious mummy recipes:
1. Yarn Wrapped Mummy Craft from I Heart Crafty Things – The majority of these supplies you already have at home so minimal costs to create. You can make multiples from all these supplies too so great for multiple kids.
2. Mummy Cupcakes from Frugal Momeh – These cupcakes are super sweet looking with a mummy touch. These are entirely edible including the eyes!
3. Make Mummy Halloween Luminaries from Mod Podge Rocks Blog – Easy and frugal friendly craft decor idea. You can substitute the eyes with google eyes for an easier fix.
4. Pizza Roll Mummy Snacks from Tara Teaspoon – Just about everyone loves pizza and now you can create a holiday favorite with just adding a couple things from a frozen favorite. Great idea for last-minute parties or snacks.
5. Mummy Chex Cereal Bars Recipe from Passion for Savings – All the supplies you need to create these cereal bars are budget-friendly and one recipe will make 16 bars!
6. GoGo Aqueez Mummy Pouches from The Nerds Wife – Last minute classroom party idea that won’t take long to make and still gets the kids a great snack on the go. Just five ingredients and a few minutes and they are ready to go!
7. Mummy Twinkie Pops from Love Bakes Good – One recipe, 30 minutes, and you get an adorable decorative snack that won’t last long. Minimal supplies and lost cost makes these perfect for last minute parties.
8. Paper Roll Mummy Craft from Easy Peasy and Fun – You likely have a ton of toilet paper rolls around the house so there’s one supply already marked off. The rest of the supplies you can find at your nearby big box store (or possibly even dollar stores)
9. How to Make Mummy Cake Pops from Tammilee Tips – Super easy finger foods on a stick for any Halloween party! Takes just five ingredients will make 40 cake balls!
10. DIY Halloween Mini Pinata from DIY Candy – This is so incredibly easy and costs friendly to make! Perfect for little parties for the kids or if you’re feeling confident make them hand out on Halloween!
11. Warped Mummy Hot Dogs from A Mitten Full of Savings – This recipe just takes three ingredients minimum (4 if you count cheese) and the whole family is sure to love these. (You might be able to make minis with lil smokies too or cut the hot dogs in half)
12. Mummy Wrapped Candle DIY from Try It Like It – These are a great way to create decor and lighting while keeping it in the Halloween mood by wrapping them like mummies. You can even make it less permanent wrapping so you can easily undo it after the holiday.
13. Mummy Melon Fruit Snack from Artsy Momma – Any time you can make fruit fun for kids is a good time and with this, you can take just a couple ingredients and make a festive holiday snack the kids are sure to be talking about.
14. Mommy Juice Boxes Halloween Craft from Another Cent Saved – Great idea for classroom holiday parties.
15. Halloween Mummy Treats from Simply Being Mommy – These are salty and sweet treats using pretzel sticks dipped and decorated like mummies. This recipe will make 16 pretzel mummies and only takes around 12 minutes to prepare.
16. Mummy Pizza Recipe from Mom Marambles – The kids are going to love making their own mummy pizzas. Simple ingredients and something you can make super quick for the whole family and with the family too.
Related: 18 Halloween Snack Ideas for Kids!
17. Easy Mummy Hot Dogs from Mom Chef Recipes – This is a fun lunch or dinner!
18. Halloween Mummy Mason Jar from My Home-based Life – Great for your child's homework desk to hold pencils and pens!
19. Morbid Mummy Dogs Recipe from My Home-based Life – We love these for dinner!
20. Mummy Cookies from Fireflies and Mudpies – These mummy cookies are so darn cute and perfect for Halloween!
21. Mummy Rice Krispie Treats from Kids Craft Room – We love doing themed Rice Krispie treats and these are perfect for Halloween
22. Mummy String Cheese from Mama Papa Bubba – This is a great and festive lunch bix snack!
23. Mummy Mason Jar fromEasy Peasy Fun – We love this as a straw holder in the kitchen!
So I want to know what are some of your favorite mummy recipes and crafts? Let us know in the comments below!
I am a mom to 5 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Tips for Saving Money by Shopping Small Businesses - October 17, 2019
- How to Throw a Halloween Party Dollar General Style - October 14, 2019
- 12 Genius Tips to Stop Spending Money - September 27, 2019