This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
I love blueberry jam and go through a lot of it, but compare the prices in store, and it's not cheap! So I started making my own but my favorite blueberry jam recipe was made to be canned, and that was an all-day process. Then I discovered freezer jam!! It is soo easy, and you can't tell the difference in the recipe! This is perfect for great breakfast recipes.
Freezer Jam – Easy Freezer Blueberry Jam Recipe
After learning about freezer jam, I started with all the strawberries I had in my house from strawberry picking and made this Easy Strawberry Freezer Jam. Since it was so easy, I moved on to this blueberry jam recipe. While my kids don't like blueberries, I am very much addicted to this stuff and have been eating peanut butter and blueberry jam sandwiches like they are going out of style!
This recipe is perfect to use in our Vanilla Blueberry Overnight French Toast Casserole
I promise it's easy to make!
What you need to make Freezer Blueberry Jam
5 Cups of Fresh/Frozen Blueberries
2 Cups of Sugar
Freezer-safe canning jars, such as Mason jars.
More Jam Recipes
How to make this Blueberry Jam recipe
First, you want to wash the berries (defrost and rinse if using frozen) then place them in a shallow pan.
Use a potato masher to crush berries. The consistency will depend on how chunky you like your jam. I don't mind chunks, but my kids do! I ended up having to use a fork to get them all crushed.
Related: Easy Homemade Blueberry Syrup Recipe
Let jam cool a little bit then scoop the jam into small freezer-safe jars. I used three 12oz jars.
Let the jam sit for 30 minutes, before putting lids on. Then make sure the lids are tight and store in your freezer until you’re ready to use.
I take out one at a time to keep in the fridge.
Store in freezer for up to 1 year, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
This recipe makes approximately three 12 oz. jars.
Related: Canning Hot Pepper Plum Jelly
- 5 Cups of Fresh/Frozen Blueberries
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 6 TBSP Ball Freezer Jam Instant Pectin
- 3 - 12oz Freezer-safe canning jars
- First, you want to wash the berries (defrost and rinse if using frozen) then place them in a shallow pan.
- Use a potato masher to crush berries.
- Add the mashed berries to a saucepan, then add the sugar. Mix well and bring to a boil to thicken. Boil for about a minute.
- Pull the jam off the heat and stir in pectin. Mix well.
- Let jam cool a little bit then scoop the jam into small freezer-safe jars.
- Let the jam sit for 30 minutes, before putting lids on. Then make sure the lids are tight and store in your freezer for up to 1 year until you’re ready to use.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size3 Jars
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
This blueberry jam recipe is so easy, you can make it with your kids. What’s better than that? Not only is this recipe simple and delicious, but it also uses ingredients that you probably have in your freezer right now. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking! What do you like to put this blueberry jam on?