This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
If you're a fan of Oreos and cupcakes, then Oreo cookie cupcakes are the perfect dessert for you! Imagine biting into a fluffy, moist cupcake with bits of crunchy Oreo cookies baked in, topped with Nutella frosting, and Oreo cookie crumbles on top. These cupcakes are a delicious and creative twist on classic vanilla cupcakes and are sure to impress anyone with their chocolatey and sweet flavors. Whether you're making them for a party or just as a treat for yourself, Oreo cookie cupcakes are a must-try dessert. You can find more of our Oreo cookie recipes here!
Can I use any type of Oreo cookie for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any flavor of Oreo cookies that you prefer. The classic chocolate Oreo cookies work well in this recipe, as do the golden Oreos or any of the many flavored varieties available.
Related: Oreo Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Can I use a different type of frosting instead of Nutella?
Absolutely! While Nutella complements the flavors of the Oreo cookies nicely, you can use any type of frosting that you prefer. Vanilla, Chocolate, cream cheese, or even peanut butter frosting would all be delicious options.
Can I add additional toppings to these cupcakes?
Special utensils needed to make Oreo Cookie Cupcakes
Measuring Cups and Spoons – Looking for an easier way to measure ingredients? These measuring cups and spoons are a must-have in any kitchen. They make it quick and easy to get the perfect measurements.
Mixing Bowls – Looking for versatile and reliable mixing bowls? Look no further than these glass bowls! Ideal for a variety of tasks, from mixing ingredients to whisking up dressings and sauces, this bowl is a kitchen essential. Made from durable materials, it's built to last, meaning you'll enjoy years of trouble-free use.
Silicone Mold or Cupcake Pan– Cupcake pans are made of high-quality material that ensures even baking and browning. It is also non-stick, so your cupcakes will easily release from the pan. Plus, the pan is easy to clean, so you can enjoy your cupcakes worry-free.
Wire Cooling Rack – This three-tiered rack provides plenty of room for cookies, cupcakes, and other treats, and the non-stick surface ensures that your goodies will release easily. Plus, it's easy to store away when you're not using it.
Electric Mixer – This powerful mixer is designed for consistent performance and comes with an adjustable speed control to help you customize the right mix for your recipe.
Ingredients for Oreo Cookie Cupcakes
Related: Shark Bite Cupcakes Recipe
Directions to make Oreo Cookie Cupcakes
Place one whole cookie in each paper lining.
Drizzle in the eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as need it. Beat in sour cream and salt.
Related: Root Beer Cupcakes Recipe
Stir in the chopped cookies by hand.
Divide the batter between the cookie-filled cups, filling each almost to the top.
I had some leftovers, and I made more in my ramekins. Bake for about 22 minutes or until filling is set.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate in tins for at least 4 hours.
Frosting: Nutella and just enough milk to make it spreadable and of frosting-like consistency. Plus Oreo Crumbles.
Related: Purple Mardi Gras Cupcakes Recipe
- 21 oreo cookies, 15 left whole and 6 coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pound cream cheese ( I used 2 packages of light philadelphia cheese)
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 275˚F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- Place one whole cookie in each paper lining.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth. Gradually add in the sugar, and mix until very well combined. Beat in the vanilla.
- Drizzle in the eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as need it. Beat in sour cream and salt.
- Stir in the chopped cookies by hand.
- Divide the batter between the cookie-filled cups, filling each almost to the top.
- I had some leftovers, and I made more in my ramekins. Bake for about 22 minutes or until filling is set.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate in tins for at least 4 hours.
- Frosting: Nutella and just enough milk to make it spreadable and of frosting-like consistency. Plus Oreo Crumbles.
Oreo cookie cupcakes are a fun and delicious dessert that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. With their fluffy texture and crunchy cookie bits, they are the perfect treat for any Oreo lover. The recipe is easy to follow and allows for plenty of customization, so you can make these cupcakes your own by experimenting with different flavors and toppings. Whether you're serving them at a party or just enjoying them at home, Oreo cookie cupcakes are a crowd-pleasing dessert that is sure to impress.