This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Warm cinnamon, savory seasoned salt, and sweet apples are slow-cooked with boneless skinless chicken breasts to create this cozy, moist, and delicious dump-and-go dinner! Perfect for busy weeknights, this Crockpot Apple Chicken is an easy four-ingredient recipe that you’ll find yourself wanting to make over and over again.
All you need to make this filling, hearty, and inexpensive dinner is four ingredients, a slow cooker, and of course some love! Simply toss some thinly sliced apples, thawed chicken breast, cinnamon, and seasoned salt into a crockpot, set to cook on low, and in six hours you’ll have moist, delicious chicken that is sure to please anyone who tries it! Believe me when I say that after one bite of this meal, your dinner guests will be begging you for your sweet and savory Crockpot Apple Chicken recipe.
Crockpot Apple Chicken
You can make this versatile dish as fancy or as low-key as you’d like! Light a few candles, create a beautiful table setting, whip up a few of your favorite comfort side dishes, and voila! You’ve just turned this four-ingredient slow cooker meal into a feast fit for your fanciest dinner party guests. On the other end of the spectrum, you can shred your finished apple chicken and serve it on a bed of rice for a low-cost and no-fuss, but filling weeknight dinner that the kids are sure to love. This Crockpot Apple Chicken’s versatility and utter deliciousness will help it earn its place as a family-favorite recipe in no time!
Related: Easy Slow Cooked Pork Chops Recipe
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cook Crockpot Apple Chicken on high?
Yes! If you’re in a bit of a pinch, you can cook your apple chicken on high for 3 hours instead of on low for 6.
Do I need to add any cooking liquid to my chicken mixture?
Nope! The slices of apple will slowly release moisture over the course of the cooking process, allowing your chicken to stay tender and juicy—no extra liquid needed.
Can I make Crockpot Apple Chicken ahead of time?
Absolutely! Simply make your Crockpot Apple Chicken as normal and allow it to cool slightly before placing it into an airtight container. You can then store your precooked apple chicken in the fridge for up to four days. To reheat, simply place your chicken back into your crockpot on the lowest setting for roughly 30 minutes.
Can I make Crockpot Apple Chicken with frozen chicken breasts?
Yes! Simply swap out the thawed chicken breast for frozen chicken breasts and cook on low for 7 hours or on high for 4 hours.
What Should I Serve with Crockpot Apple Chicken?
This sweet and savory chicken can easily pair well with a variety of different sides!
For a more elegant affair, try serving this apple chicken on a bed of rice or quinoa. You can pair this delicious main dish with your favorite fall side salad, steamed veggies, and roasted potatoes.
Alternatively, you can keep things simple and allow your apple chicken to shine by pairing it with your favorite yeasted dinner roll and a side of chopped fruit.
No matter how you choose to serve your Crockpot Apple Chicken, I know that this simple and delicious dinner will be a big hit!
Related: 35 Easy Freezer Meals Round Up
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken Breasts— 1 pound Thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts will work well. Frozen chicken breasts can also be used, they will just need to be cooked for longer. See the FAQ section for further instructions.
- Apples— 2, I used thinly sliced honey crisp apples in this recipe; I find that their tartness and crisp texture allows them to cook up perfectly in the crockpot. Other baking apple varieties will work as well—try using pink lady, granny smith, or red delicious apples instead.
- Cinnamon—A generous dash of cinnamon brings a lovely warmth and richness to your finished dish.
- Seasoned Salt—This herbaceous salt helps to round out the other sweet flavors in this crockpot apple chicken.
How to Make Crockpot Apple Chicken
Making Crockpot Apple Chicken is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Cover your slow cooker with a lid and allow your chicken mixture to cook on low for 6 hours.
Serve your finished apple chicken warm with the sides of your choosing.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- If you’re a fan of soft, cooked apples, be sure to slice your fruit very thinly! If you like your cooked apples on the crunchier side, slice them thicker.
- There’s no need to peel your apples—the skin will soften nicely in the slow cooker. Plus, most of the apple’s nutrients are found in the skin!
- For a slightly fancier version of this dish, try swapping out the chicken breast for pork shoulder or pork tenderloin. Apple and pork is a classic fall combination!
- 1 lb, Chicken
- 2 Apples
- Seasoned Salt
- Place your chicken, sliced apples, cinnamon, and season salt into your crockpot.
- Cover your slow cooker with a lid and allow your chicken mixture to cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve your finished apple chicken warm with the sides of your choosing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 299Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 107mgSodium 176mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 3gSugar 9gProtein 27g