This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
I love really easy Instant Pot recipes. So I am always looking for new recipes to try out this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese Recipe. It’s a win-win in this house. My kids love mac and cheese, I can get some meat into their meal, and it’s all cooked in the Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese Recipe
We are a family of 7 so when I talk about my Instant Pot I am talking about my large 8 Quart Instant Pot Duo. This one has been big enough for everything we have needed.
Can I cook pasta in my instant pot?
YES! and it’s super easy! It depends on your recipe but in general, pasta only takes 1 minute to cook, 2 minutes if you want a softer pasta.
What is the best noodle for mac and cheese?
Well, this is a matter of personal opinion. I’m all team elbow noodles here but Fusilli and Rotini are good choices too. Ask my kids and they will tell you any kind of kid shape you can get your hands on is best.
Related: Easy Instant Pot Lasagna Recipe
How much liquid do you cook pasta in an instant pot?
You will need about 1 1/2 cups of water for every 4 ounces of pasta. Other recipes call for other liquids the just water, some use sauces or stocks.
How do I cook pasta without a stove?
In the Instant Pot! This thing is great for small spaces because it does so much.
Related: Pulled Pork Instant Pot Street Tacos
Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese Ingredients
1-2 pounds of lean ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 cups tomato puree
2 cups beef broth
1 cup small macaroni noodles (you can use elbow, cellentani, etc.)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup American cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese Instructions
Set Instant Pot to sauté/browning feature.
Add oil and allow it to sizzle.
Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
Add ground beef and cook until cooked through and no pink is showing.
Add salt and pepper, onion powder, tomato puree, beef broth, and pasta. Mix well.
Set to high pressure and cook for 5 minutes. Allow pressure to return to normal.
Add both cheeses and mix in well until melted.
Serve immediately and enjoy it. Caution…this will go FAST. Like lightning fast!
I made this recipe with elbow macaroni and before I got photos taken, my family devoured it.
Hence the reason the final photos have cellentani pasta. Yes, it is THAT good!
- Set Instant Pot to sauté/browning feature.
- Add oil and allow it to sizzle.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground beef and cook until cooked through and no pink is showing.
- Add salt and pepper, onion powder, tomato puree, beef broth, and pasta. Mix well.
- Set to high pressure and cook for 5 minutes. Allow pressure to return to normal.
- Add both kinds of cheese and mix in well until melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy it. Caution…this will go FAST. Like lightning fast!
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020