This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is a delightful and wholesome breakfast option that combines the comforting flavors of apples, cinnamon, and oats. This warm and inviting dish is not only delicious but also nutritious, providing a hearty start to your day. With its blend of rolled oats, aromatic spices, and sweet apples, this baked oatmeal recipe offers a filling and satisfying meal that will keep you energized throughout the morning. Whether you're looking for a cozy breakfast for yourself or a crowd-pleasing dish to share with family and friends, Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is sure to become a favorite. Find more delicious apple recipes here!
Can you bake with quick oats?
No, you really shouldn't. Quick-cooking oats are cut smaller so they, well, cook quicker. This is not good for baking oatmeal because other ingredients need time to cook as well. The same goes for Instant oats you don't want to use them in this recipe either. Stick to steel-cut oats or old-fashioned oats.
Can Oatmeal be reheated?
Yes, I do all the time. I microwave it for 30 minutes at a time adding just a splash more of water or milk as needed to keep the consistency I want. Make sure to stir the oatmeal so it heats evenly and you are good to go!
How long can you keep baked oatmeal?
About the 3 days. Any more than that and it gets too hard to reheat. Always check it before reheating and eating it. If it smells off, looks off, or is too hard to touch toss it, don't even try to save it. This then gives you a good reason to make another batch!
Apple Recipes to Try
- Apple Cherry Fritters Recipe
- Crockpot Apple Chicken
- Air Fryer Apple Pie Eggrolls Recipe
- The Best Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal You Will Ever Eat!
How do I save oatmeal for later?
In an airtight container in your fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. A good Tupperware container is perfect for storing in the fridge.
Food Storage Options
- Rubbermaid brilliance; 100 percent leak proof, airtight food storage containers feature crystal clear, BPA free triton plastic that offers 360 degree clarity, and helps keep food fresh and secure
- Food containers are clear like glass so you can always see what’s inside, but are light and easy to carry; Stain and Odor resistant material keeps plastic food container looking like new
- 🍍[VERSATILE & CUSTOMIZED DESIGN]: With their clear design, these kitchen organizers and storage allow for easy identification of contents, eliminating the guesswork. Comes in a set of 20 clear plastic containers with 20 lids, including 8 rectangle containers(2*50 oz, 2*34 oz, 2*17 oz, 2*8 oz),8 square containers (2*40 oz, 2*23 oz, 2*13 oz, 2*6oz)with 4 round sauce boxes wich are 2.7 oz. Boxes of different sizes can hold various types of food to meet different kitchen storage needs.
- 🍍[SAFE AND THICKENED PLASTIC MATERIAL]: Dedicated to developing superior kitchen organization for 15 years and which can protect safe for your health better. Our plastic storage containers with lids are made of upgraded food-grade polypropylene material.100% BPA free food storage plastic and reusable.
- Perfect Size for All Your Storage Needs: This 40-piece set includes 20 containers and 20 different sized lids from 1.2 to 50 ounces to meet different kitchen storage needs. Rectangular (2*50.7oz, 2*33.8oz, 2*16.9oz, 2*8.1oz); Square (1*40.6oz, 1*23.7oz, 1*13.5oz, 1*5.7oz); Round (1*40.6oz, 1*23.7oz, 1*13.5oz, 1*6.1oz, 4*1.2oz)
- Safe and Durable Material: Food containers with lids airtight are made of polypropylene material, BPA free and reusable. Our food storage containers can be stored in the refrigerator, heated in the microwave, and washed in the dishwasher. Remove the lid while heating to avoid steam buildup.
If freezing wrap oatmeal in plastic wrap then store it in a freezer bag and smooth all the air out. Try freezing in individual portions for a great freezer breakfast you can take out the night before and go!
How do you know if cooked oatmeal is bad?
Obviously, if there is mold toss it. But also look for any discoloration and of course do the sniff test. If you think it's even a bit off just be safe and toss it! No point in getting sick when it's so easy to make another batch!
Special utensils needed to make Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Measuring Cups and Spoons – Looking for an easier way to measure ingredients? These measuring cups and spoons are a must-have in any kitchen. They make it quick and easy to get the perfect measurements.
8×8 Baking Dish – This glass baking dish is made from high-quality glass that can withstand high temperatures, making it perfect for baking of all kinds. Plus it comes with a lid for easy storing!
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Ingredients
Pinch of Salt
Directions for Cinnamon Apple Baked Oatmeal
Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
Then pour in the baking dish. Make sure to spread the oatmeal mixture out evenly so it cooks evenly.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Remove from the oven, let cool and serve. Add extra milk as needed.
I love serving with just a sprinkle of cinnamon on top as well.
- 2 Cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1/4 packed brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped apples
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Then pour in the baking dish. Make sure to spread the oatmeal mixture out evenly so it cooks evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and serve. Add extra milk as needed.
- I love serving with just a sprinkle of cinnamon on top as well.
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is a scrumptious and nutritious breakfast option that brings together the comforting flavors of apples, cinnamon, and oats. This versatile dish can be customized with your favorite toppings and enjoyed warm or cold. Whether you're looking for a cozy breakfast treat or a wholesome way to start your day, this baked oatmeal recipe delivers both flavor and nourishment. So, why not give it a try and savor the delightful combination of apple and cinnamon in each bite?