This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
If you have been around the blog for a while you know I do not do mornings. Getting up, getting kids ready, AND cooking; that is asking a bit much. I love recipes that I can make the night before. My kids love this Vanilla Blueberry Overnight French Toast Casserole! This makes my morning go so much smoother.
Vanilla Blueberry Overnight French Toast Casserole
This recipe is the definition of my Easy Breakfast Recipes. I think it takes all of about 10 minutes to throw together. If you do not have French bread or Italian bread use whats is on hand, it will still turn out amazing. If you do not have blueberries then use what you have. I have used bananas or strawberries in the past. I also found once I had no frozen fruit so I did it fruitless and the kids still raved about it. That is a win for mom!
I have added nuts to this as well, pecans seems to be a favorite of my kids. I suggest using this as one of your breakfast for dinner recipes. Having breakfast for dinner is how I am feeding a family on a budget. Having a meal once a week that is cheap like breakfast is a huge budget saver. If you want even more ideas, check out our 40 Breakfast for Dinner Ideas.
We have even more Easy Meals here one the blog don't forget to check them out!
What You Need:
1 Loaf French or Italian Loaf, cut into cubes
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut in cubes
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
12 large eggs
1/2 cup homemade maple syrup
2 cups milk
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 batch Easy Homemade Blueberry Syrup Recipe
Arrange 1/2 of the bread cubes in a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
Sprinkle cream cheese cubes and blueberries evenly over the bread cubes.
Top with remaining bread cubes.
Mix together eggs, milk, vanilla, and syrup.
Pour over bread cubes and cover pan with foil. Let chill in refrigerator overnight. (or if you need it for dinner at least an hour!)
Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until fluffy and golden. Top with Easy Homemade Blueberry Syrup Recipe.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- 1 Loaf French or Italian Loaf, cut into cubes
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut in cubes
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Arrange 1/2 of the bread cubes in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle cream cheese cubes and blueberries evenly over the bread cubes.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Mix together eggs, milk, vanilla and syrup.
- Pour over bread cubes and cover pan with foil. Let chill in refrigerator overnight. (or if you need it for dinner at least an hour!)
- Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until fluffy and golden. Top with sauce.
Leave us a Comment
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls Recipe with a Caramel Sauce Drizzle - October 20, 2017
- Walmart Brings in Ling Ling Fried Rice®, Noodles, and Dumplings - October 20, 2017
- Disney Family Halloween Costume Ideas – Cinderella, Frozen, Snow White & Little Mermaid - October 17, 2017