I won’t lie I LOVE the Chick-Fil-A Chicken Salad Sandwich, but let’s face it it can get expensive to eat there as much as I have a craving for it! So I started my hunt for a copycat recipe and this is the best and closest I can get and it work for me! Some recipes have mentioned adding a bit of cinnamon and I’ve had some people say that too.
It makes a great lunch and easy dinner as well!
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Salad Sandwich
If you are going to stop in at Chick-Fil-A instead of making this sandwich yourself make sure you get a discounted Chick-Fil-A gift card (get a free $5 credit when you sign up today!) to save money on your purchase! You can also take my method of earning $210 a month in Amazon Gift Cards and cash out for Pay Pal instead to pay for your addiction 😉 Can’t beat some free Chick-Fil-A YUM!
Ok on to the super yummy recipe.
1 cup cooked Chicken (I use the white meat from the chicken breast but you can use whatever you have)
1/4 cup Celery, diced
1 Hard Boiled Egg, diced
2 tbsp Relish (I use sweet but you can use dill too)
1/3 cup Mayo
Salt & Pepper to taste
4 slices Wheat (or White) Bread, toasted
Leaf of lettuce
Combine chicken, mayo, relish, egg, celery, salt & pepper.
Top 2 slices of bread with lettuce.
Add half the chicken mixture to one Slice of toast and the other half to the 2nd slice of toast.
Top with remaining slices of bread to make your sandwich.
While this recipe makes two sandwiches they are very filling and chicken mixture does hold well in the fridge for a few days.
More Copycat Recipe
- 1 cup cooked Chicken (I use the white meat from the Chicken breast but you can use whatever you have)
- 1/4 cup Celery, diced
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg, diced
- 2 tbsp Relish (I use sweet but you can use dill too)
- 1/3 cup Mayo
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 slices Wheat (or White) Bread, toasted
- Leaf of lettuce
- Combine chicken, mayo, relish, egg, celery, salt & pepper.
- Top 2 slices of bread with lettuce.
- Add half the chicken mixture to one Slice of toast and the other half to the 2nd slice of toast.
- Top with remaining slices of bread to make your sandwich.
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Easy Peach Cobbler Cinnamon Coffee Cake - August 26, 2016
- How to Fuel Your Family + My Husband’s Favorite Sandwich Recipe - August 25, 2016
- Outlet Shopping – How to Save Money at Retail Outlet Stores - August 24, 2016