This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Instant Pot Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff is a comforting and hearty dish that is perfect for a cozy family dinner. This classic dish is made with sautéed beef, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and a creamy sour cream-based sauce, all cooked together in one pot for an easy and convenient meal. The Instant Pot's pressure cooking function allows for a quick and tender beef cooking time, and the result is a rich and flavorful dish that is sure to please everyone at the dinner table. With minimal prep and easy cleanup, this dish is a great addition to any weeknight meal rotation.
What cut of beef is best for stroganoff?
Top sirloin or chuck roast are both great options for stroganoff.
Can I use canned mushrooms instead of fresh ones?
Fresh mushrooms are recommended as they hold up better in the cooking process and have a better texture, but canned mushrooms can work as a substitute.
Can I make this dish ahead of time and reheat it?
Yes, this dish can be made ahead of time and reheated in the microwave or on the stove. The sauce may thicken as it sits but can be thinned out with a little bit of extra broth or water.
Food Storage Options
What can I serve with Instant Pot Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff?
A side salad or some roasted vegetables would also be a great addition to the meal.
Instant Pot Side Dish Recipes
Special utensils needed to make Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff
Measuring Cups and Spoons – Looking for an easier way to measure ingredients? These measuring cups and spoons are a must-have in any kitchen. They make it quick and easy to get the perfect measurements.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff
Beef chuck roast, browned
Directions to make Instant Pot Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff
Cut your roast into thin strips. Set aside.
Set Instant Pot to sauté’. Add olive oil. Add onions and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes or until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant.
Instant Pot Accessory Ideas
Mix in the meat and mushrooms and spices.
Add in the noodles, making sure they are submerged in the liquid. Add more broth if needed. Close and secure the lid of the Instant Pot and set it to manual pressure for 8 minutes. Allow the steam to release naturally and release the remaining steam and remove the lid.
Add in the sour cream and mix the ingredients well. Allow to sit for 15 minutes and thicken.
Related: Pulled Pork Instant Pot Street Tacos
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast, browned on all sides but not cooked through
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 10.5-ounce can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 12-ounce package uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cut your roast into thin strips. Set aside.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté’. Add olive oil. Add onions and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes or until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the beef broth, spicy brown mustard, soy sauce, and mushroom soup. Mix well.
- Mix in the meat and mushrooms and spices.
- Add in the noodles, making sure they are submerged in the liquid. Add more broth if needed. Close and secure the lid of the Instant Pot and set it to manual pressure for 8 minutes. Allow the steam to release naturally and release the remaining steam and remove the lid.
- Add in the sour cream and mix the ingredients well. Allow to sit for 15 minutes and thicken.
This Instant Pot Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff is a classic and satisfying meal that is perfect for any occasion. The combination of tender beef, earthy mushrooms, and a creamy sauce makes for a delicious and comforting dish that is sure to satisfy any craving. The convenience of the Instant Pot makes this dish even more appealing, as it allows for a quick and easy preparation with minimal cleanup. Whether you're cooking for yourself, or your family or hosting a dinner party, this dish is a great choice for anyone looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal. So, fire up your Instant Pot and give this recipe a try for a comforting and flavorful meal that is sure to become a household favorite.