This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
I love my Instant Pot. I have had two now because the first one I fried, trying to hard boil eggs. It was a hot mess and I have been scared to get another one since. However, I took the plunge when Walmart had them on clearance for $70! I mean you can't really beat that price. Since then I have made some pretty amazing things. Soon I want to venture into desserts like Chocolate Cake. Yum! This Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings recipe is a family favorite.
Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
I love a good soup on a chilly day. Soup and a good book with a great fuzzy blanket is the perfect fall crisp air day to me. If this is your idea of a great day as well, you need to make this Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings recipe.
Question: Do you have favorite soup bowls? I am a HUGE fan of these soup and sandwich bowls. I can not get enough of them. They are perfect if you ask me. If the hubby would let me I would have one in every color probably.
Instant Pot Accessory Ideas
Can I make this in the Slow Cooker?
Of Course! Obviously, you will need to keep an eye on your cooking times but generally speaking if you start this in your slow cooker on a low setting and let it cook all day you could eat by 5 pm. Plus your home would smell amazing!
Related: Pulled Pork Instant Pot Street Tacos
What you need to make Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 tsp olive oil
1 ½ lbs chicken breast-cubed
1 tube of 16oz refrigerated biscuits
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup frozen peas
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp basil
2 cloves garlic- minced
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
How to make Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Flatten each biscuit and cut it into ½ inch strips
Turn instant pot to sauté and cook chicken until browned on all sides.
When finished, turn off the pot by pressing cancel.
Add two cups of chicken broth, water, carrots, peas, and biscuits into the instant pot and stir to combine.
Seal the lid and close the pressure knob
Set pot to manual for 5 minutes.
Once the cooking cycle is finished, press cancel and do a quick release of the pressure.
Spoon chicken and dumplings into bowls and serve. Top with fresh parsley if desired.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1\2 lbs chicken breast - cubed
- 1 tube of 16oz refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1\2 tsp salt
- 1\2 tsp pepper
- Flatten each biscuit and cut into ½ inch strips
- Place olive oil, chicken, oregano, onion powder, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper into an instant pot and mix to coat.
- Turn instant pot to sauté and cook chicken until browned on all sides.
- When finished, turn off the pot by pressing cancel.
- Add two cups of chicken broth, water, carrots, peas, and biscuits into the instant pot and stir to combine.
- Seal the lid and close the pressure knob
- Set pot to manual for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is finished, press cancel and do a quick release of the pressure.
- Spoon chicken and dumplings into bowls and serve. Top with fresh parsley if desired.