This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
There are many items you can freeze to help you save time and money. Freezing food is a great way to make sure you have healthy and delicious meals on hand, as well as save money by buying in bulk or taking advantage of sales. Here are 20 items to get you started.
What's the point of freezing food?
Freezing food is a great way to save time and money. It allows you to buy in bulk or take advantage of sales, and also means you always have healthy and delicious meals on hand. Plus, its a great way to preserve it so it doesn't go bad.
What's the easiest food to freeze?
There are many easy foods to toss in the freezer, but some of the easiest include fruit, vegetables, bread, and cooked rice.
What are some foods you should not freeze?
There are a few foods you should not store this way, such as eggs (raw or cooked), dairy products, and most raw meats.
These foods don't freeze well and can often become freezer burned or go bad when thawed.
More Freezer Recipes:
- Huckleberry Freezer Jam Recipe
- Freezer Jam – Easy Freezer Blueberry Jam Recipe
- 35 Easy Freezer Meals Round Up
Use these Freezer Tray Stacking Clips for a more organized freezer
Stacking freezer trays can be a pain, but not with these trusty clips! These freezer tray stacking clips come in 3 different sizes to fit harvest right trays, and 5 colors to brighten up your freezer. No more wasted space or toppled trays – these clips will keep everything in its place.
Food Items you can Freeze
Herbs by placing them in ice cube trays covered with water.
Cook rice and then portion it into individual portion sizes for quick and easy meals later on.
Applesauce can be frozen in plastic bags or containers.
Precooked Items you can freeze
Stack pancakes with wax paper in between each one and then place them in a freezer bag.
Related: Easy Homemade Blueberry Syrup Recipe
Go ahead and wrap burritos in foil and then place them in a freezer bag.
Related: Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Place SpaghettiOs in a freezer bag and flatten them out before freezing so they'll thaw faster.
Roll cookie dough into balls and then freeze it on a baking sheet before transferring it to a freezer bag.
Place chocolate chips in a sealed bag and then smash them into smaller pieces before freezing them for easy use in recipes later on.
Related: Chocolate Chip Muffin In a Jar
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Wrap banana bread tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer bag.
Muffins can be frozen individually by wrapping them in plastic wrap and then placing them in a freezer bag.
Related: Bite Sized Breakfast Recipes
Pour yogurt into an ice cube tray and then freeze for individual servings.
Freeze chicken nuggets on a baking sheet and then transfer them to a freezer-safe container.
Food Storage Options
- Rubbermaid brilliance; 100 percent leak proof, airtight food storage containers feature crystal clear, BPA free triton plastic that offers 360 degree clarity, and helps keep food fresh and secure
- Food containers are clear like glass so you can always see what’s inside, but are light and easy to carry; Stain and Odor resistant material keeps plastic food container looking like new
- 🍍[VERSATILE & CUSTOMIZED DESIGN]: With their clear design, these kitchen organizers and storage allow for easy identification of contents, eliminating the guesswork. Comes in a set of 20 clear plastic containers with 20 lids, including 8 rectangle containers(2*50 oz, 2*34 oz, 2*17 oz, 2*8 oz),8 square containers (2*40 oz, 2*23 oz, 2*13 oz, 2*6oz)with 4 round sauce boxes wich are 2.7 oz. Boxes of different sizes can hold various types of food to meet different kitchen storage needs.
- 🍍[SAFE AND THICKENED PLASTIC MATERIAL]: Dedicated to developing superior kitchen organization for 15 years and which can protect safe for your health better. Our plastic storage containers with lids are made of upgraded food-grade polypropylene material.100% BPA free food storage plastic and reusable.
- Perfect Size for All Your Storage Needs: This 40-piece set includes 20 containers and 20 different sized lids from 1.2 to 50 ounces to meet different kitchen storage needs. Rectangular (2*50.7oz, 2*33.8oz, 2*16.9oz, 2*8.1oz); Square (1*40.6oz, 1*23.7oz, 1*13.5oz, 1*5.7oz); Round (1*40.6oz, 1*23.7oz, 1*13.5oz, 1*6.1oz, 4*1.2oz)
- Safe and Durable Material: Food containers with lids airtight are made of polypropylene material, BPA free and reusable. Our food storage containers can be stored in the refrigerator, heated in the microwave, and washed in the dishwasher. Remove the lid while heating to avoid steam buildup.
Wrap the steak in foil or plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer bag.
Freeze juice boxes overnight and then put them in the lunchbox to keep things cool.
Freezing food is a great way to keep it from going bad and to have quick, healthy meals on hand. There are many different types of food that can be frozen with varying results. Some items freeze better than others, so it's important to know what will work best for you. By following these tips, you can start freezing your own food and enjoying the benefits! What are items you freeze easily?